Lemme Phreak - D Guard Bowie build

The bad news is that thread karma got us. The good news is that I had another piece of Alt. Ivory. It's fit up and we're back on point. I planned on having things epoxied today but concrete and gravity had other plans for the edges of our handle piece!

but concrete and gravity had other plans for the edges of our handle piece
Damn that evil concrete and gravity, trouble doublefold! More senseless violence towards our beloved knives! When will they fix this horrible situation?!:eek::D

But we know you can rebuild it! Make it stronger, faster, sharper than before! (Cue Bionic sound effects):cool:

Redmeadow speed
bionicman2.gif

I can hear the sound effects from here - Redmeadow wah wah with vibrato. :)

Ray

I have horse mat down on about 2/3 of the floor by the bench, but 3/3 would be better! I fumbled it and it fell just off the mat under the bench.

Got things epoxied up last night, end cap shaping and opening is next. This thing balances really well, didn't expect that.

I broke a block plane dropping it on a concrete wood shop floor - once upon a time. :mad: My shop was built with wood floors so that would never happen again. Saved lots of grief, from avoiding damaged edge tools, to finish work, to my only 2 legs. :thumbsup:

Just commiserating - not trying to tell you something you already know.

R

Not a lot of ago time this week, chipping away a little at a time. Here's a couple of rough shots to show the just of how it will look.
20190128_183215-01.jpeg 20190128_183226-02.jpeg

I had to change my mailing address to a PO box just in case you need to update it in your records.
:rolleyes:

It looks a bit flimsy in the picture but it really has a nice feel to it. I dont know how to explain it but the guard is ..... elliptical in the cross section?? That might make sense or maybe not. At any rate, I might have to make the owner of this an Offer!

Getting everything fit up so when I peen, the curves just touch instead of creating pressure or leaving a gap. I may try a tiny bit of solder between them after the cap is secure.
20190131_120956-01.jpeg
The curves barely touch with the cap just short of being flush. The tang looks to be a bit more proud on the spine end. I'll even that up with a file.

Getting everything fit up so when I peen, the curves just touch instead of creating pressure or leaving a gap. I may try a tiny bit of solder between them after the cap is secure.
View attachment 1064235
The curves barely touch with the cap just short of being flush. The tang looks to be a bit more proud on the spine end. I'll even that up with a file.
Looking OUTSTANDING, John!
I like what you did, and the whole thing, better than this:
Screenshot_20190124-123930_Instagram.jpg

Back