Lemme Phreak - D Guard Bowie build

This one will look so excellent along with the SmokeStack Bullnose. :thumbsup:
Thank you John, for your skill and care. :)

:( Ray

I remember hearing Lin Rhea say that blacksmithing needs to be brought back into knifemaking. I threw the S hook in the picture because I realize where the flow of this knife is coming from. It's like blacksmithing softens the geometry in your head and gives you some flow. There's your nutty quote for the day:rolleyes:

I remember hearing Lin Rhea say that blacksmithing needs to be brought back into knifemaking. I threw the S hook in the picture because I realize where the flow of this knife is coming from. It's like blacksmithing softens the geometry in your head and gives you some flow. There's your nutty quote for the day:rolleyes:
Maybe you can have that as a quote on the inside leaf of your book "Redmedow Knives - Volume I"! Maybe Shel can be the ghost writer. ;):cool:

Seriously though, if at all possible, this knife should be photographed by Coop!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dunno how you can even make it to the shop, John. I heared it was -75 with the WCF in Glasgow last night... :eek:

It got above zero degrees today for a couple of hours, first time since Sunday I think. It's actually been nice the last couple of days, sunny and no wind. It was 30 below this morning, which isn't bad without wind. The shop however is a toasty 70 degrees!

Workin through the grits.
View attachment 1068684

Hubba hubba!!!

200.gif

giphy.gif

A bit of blade clean up and we are on to the sheath. Weak side, spurs forward, a frog? SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak we an always do one like the originals, but like I said in our first conversation about this.... "Let's do some Epic sh#t!!"
View attachment 1070488

Epic? IMO, this has already lived up to that description, and much, much more! :cool: :thumbsup: :D

Boy, I hadn't given much though to the sheath to be honest. Definitely right-handed. ;) If I'd carry weak side, it would be spurs-forward anyway, so still a right-sided sheath. :p

A frog could be pretty dern cool on this one, with a large enough stud for it to hang from when either tucked behind a belt/strap or IWB carry, sans frog. But I dont know if there's a good way to do that and still have a retention strap, which I'd really like to see here. Possible? IDK. As always, I defer to your expertise. :)

I really need to get the mechanics of a canted frog worked out. I'm going to mock something up with a retention strap and see what we can do.

I appreciate the patience on this Jared, and of everyone watching.

Let's see if anyone is watching: I'll purchase a Basic membership for the first two registered users that post in this thread. No strings attached, no catch. If you're not registered on Bladeforums, click "register" at the top right of the screen.

Damn, I can't even give away free stuff!

Challenge accepted....
93d140a7d7d3339262da92d71092f9a6.gif

Last edited:
Well no, but I figured we had at least two stalkers out there!

I don't need more Clients, I need the right Clients and I know I already have that, just thought I'd throw some bait out there:D

I'm always in favor of posting photos and short write ups of Redmeadow Knives in other sub-forums
such as: The Gallery , Custom & Handmade Knives or Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades, for 3 examples. Your fixed blades certainly qualify in the Traditional Camp! Redmeadow knife owners - take note please and John you can show off in the Gallery or C & H Knives too. Your work is most certainly deserving of appreciative googly eyes. :thumbsup:

Ray

Last edited:
Thank you Ray, I appreciate that (and notice;):thumbsup:).

It's funny, it's not that I want exposure, it's that if people are watching and interested, jump in and say hello. We're about as easy going as can be around here, and you never know when I have something up my sleeve for folks that post:)

OHHHHH MAN that is just such an awesome knife :thumbsup: Oh My Oh My - worthy of some time in the Gallery thread :thumbsup: Very beautifully done John!!!

Congratulations Jared - just lovely!

Ray

Back