Lemme Phreak - D Guard Bowie build

That's a beauty Shel, damn!

Just bought the download version of Paul Longs "Advanced Blade Sheaths" video. Looking forward to watching it, should help with this sheath build.

Yesterday was a real ball breaker of a snow day. The mountain of hand shoveled snow down by the road is about seven feet tall now, and I'm not sure if I can throw the snow any higher. Today was an indoor recovery day that involved NASCAR and the making of a chicken chili crock-pot kinda deal.

AI is indeed pretty sweet. This was my first...

View attachment 1075686
14?

I just came across this sub this morning and I have to say that has got to be the most beautiful work I have ever seen on a deal guard, and the way you chronicled the entire thing was cool.
Nice thing you offered last week btw. I can't believe nobody jumped on that.
Welcome to the subforum, glad you found us and I appreciate the kind words. As far as the offer goes, some user will eventually stumble in and fall victim to my evil plot! :D

I just came across this sub this morning and I have to say that has got to be the most beautiful work I have ever seen on a deal guard, and the way you chronicled the entire thing was cool.
Nice thing you offered last week btw. I can't believe nobody jumped on that.
Welcome to the madness. Pull up a stool, not that one, yeah, that one is better. Now kick back and enjoy the insanity.

I was thinking on this sheath thought a bit, and think a full gauntlet glove that completely covers the D Guard would be awesome.

s-l1000.jpg

Like this. Or, maybe with a little added Bling - Jarod's a blingy kinda guy, so yeah, add some extra bling. Use your imagination.

Bling.jpg

You can thank me (both of you) later. Just make sure to cover the guard; completely cover the guard, except for the exposed part. :thumbsup:

^ :confused: :D Another case of someone being dropped on their head as a child :rolleyes:

Ray

So solly, I missed it. No, it's a Model #12-9 Sportsman's Bowie with a Model #14 style blade grind. You was close... :thumbsup:

p dot s - you 'could' order a Model #14 CDT (Cut-Down Tang) in that configuration, with a matching #12-9, #14BG to go with it, up to the current five option limit. I like the way you think. o_O

So solly, I missed it. No, it's a Model #12-9 Sportsman's Bowie with a Model #14 style blade grind. You was close... :thumbsup:

p dot s - you 'could' order a Model #14 CDT (Cut-Down Tang) in that configuration, with a matching #12-9, #14BG to go with it, up to the current five option limit. I like the way you think. o_O
Thanks. My first thought was 12-9 but then I remembered how large the 14 seems in person and got confused.
That one is gorgeous.
If I ordered those two today, for delivery in roughly five years, what would it cost?

*Thread Drift Alert*

Mack, depending on the options chosen/available, and your customer supplied A/I material, a lot. At least $1400, probably more.

If you want to test your immune system, have kids, good lord. I think this one has run its course, I'm now in the full body ache stage, woohoo! I know, it's unfortunate that knifemakers are human.

On a good note, the Paul Long video was excellent and gave me a lot of insight and tips. Well worth the money.

Dunno how things are on your side of the hill, but people here are getting so cranky that I'm keeping a low profile. The local paper is full of all kinds of weather related arguments and fights, some serious. A neighbor came by while I was out shoveling, rolled down her window, and started going off about the weather and snowfall. I kept shoveling. Finally she stopped grousing and asked how I was holding up. I looked over and dead-panned, 'It's just snow.' then went back to it. Eventually she left...

People? What are these things you speak of?

We're not bad over here on the prairie our problems come when things drift up. Surprisingly, the winds hasn't been hitting us and creating that other than a couple of days.

Last year this time I was running a bobcat in ny driveway every few days, and had drifts that completely swallowed the greenhouse and swingset. I've been able to get by this year with the plow on the 4 wheeler Although the hum of the neighbors bobcat is tempting.

We've been getting above zero for the highs but it looks like more highs in the negatives are coming. I am guilty of loving below zero weather, crisp, quiet, and frosty.

Winter in mid-coast Maine this year is a complete bust. The woods have maybe 2 inches of crusty snow. Snow shoes are unnecessary and the cold, like the snow, is FAR less than typical. Means that to date - 2/22 - I have had few extra winter chores this year and the deer are on the move. I'm getting to the point that any snow storm is most unwelcome. Yeah it's just snow but we've been spoiled this year and now don't want to have anything to do with a real winter.

Be careful what you don't wish for :rolleyes: Ray

Where's the D-Guard Bowie knife content??? :confused:

Last edited:
We had a really warm and mild winter until February came in like a hammer.

This was a clean subzero sunset through the shop window the other day. Rocky mountains on the horizon, Shels house is just over that peak behind thst branch...... that one .... riiiight there
20190221_180939-02.jpeg

Friend Ron Mears recently wrote about the cold night being an evil mistress, and I'll take his word for that. Me, I've got a lot of firewood, a loving GF, flannel sheets, and a thick goose-down comforter; it's all good (until the pager goes off at 4am)...

Wood2.jpg

Back