Lemme Phreak - D Guard Bowie build

I've gotta get the handle mostly shaped so I can shape the front piece of the guard. The top of it will get a tap tap taparoo as well, but the bottom portion really needs to have the right curve. That has to be able to meet up with the angle of the end piece of the guard. Then they gotta ....do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight...
20190108_065012-01.jpeg

I've gotta get the handle mostly shaped so I can shape the front piece of the guard. The top of it will get a tap tap taparoo as well, but the bottom portion really needs to have the right curve. That has to be able to meet up with the angle of the end piece of the guard. Then they gotta ....do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight...
View attachment 1050389

AaaOoooooo... :cool:

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Oh just yoo wait;)

A lot of specific sequences going on here. Needed to secure the handle so it can be taken apart after its shaped. Once everything is shaped 90 percent, everything has to come off so the guard can get the heat and beat to curve it. The handle has to be shaped beforehand so I can size the knuckleroom.

Anyways, my guard solder jig came in handy again. I need to find a small collar and tap a set screw in the side, that would work well to snug the handle.

20190109_054348-01.jpeg

Oh just yoo wait;)

A lot of specific sequences going on here. Needed to secure the handle so it can be taken apart after its shaped. Once everything is shaped 90 percent, everything has to come off so the guard can get the heat and beat to curve it. The handle has to be shaped beforehand so I can size the knuckleroom.

Anyways, my guard solder jig came in handy again. I need to find a small collar and tap a set screw in the side, that would work well to snug the handle.

View attachment 1050951
Love that jig! Multi-pass purpose!

This piece of Alt. Ivory has some really nice grain in it.
giphy.gif

I have to say, this thread is moving a lot faster than I had expected. :cool:
Once I can get the front guard formed it will move even faster. Heat treat is done. Handle is shaping up nicely.

Yeah, I don't have a proper torch, my little propane one doesn't heat things up fast enough so I just heated the bar in the forge, worked good.

Back