Les Stroud hints at a multi-tool / knife

for those of you not on facebook, Les Strouds official facebook page just had this update from him:

Les Stroud - ok firstly: yep announcement on new show coming soon - after all I am shooting it now....yep - will stop eating with my mouth open :-0.......Hi Pam!!!!.....and yep - working on a multi too an knife...... Les

just thought id give you guys a heads up! hopefully it wont be anywhere NEAR as expensive as the Bear Grylls knife and knowing Les, it will actually have some real function to it and not just be a safe queen!

shade

Hi,

Who is Les Stroud and what are his talents?

Thanks - Joe

He's the guy that does that show Survivor Man. He basically puts himself in a plusable situation where one might find themself in a survival situation for one week. He uses practical tactics to survive. On top of that, unlike Bear who drinks the water from elephant dung, he does not take goofy risks on his show AND he films it all himself. It really is just him a couple of cameras dropped out in the middle of nowhere.

He generally carries some sort of pliers based multi tool during his week out in the wilds. I look forward to seeing what he comes up with. He certainly seems a lot more "real" than Bear.

Cool!
Thats funny cause i recently posted a question on his facebook page about the possibility of a Stroud fixed blade or multitool.
Like i said there Ray Mears has one, Bear Grylls:)rolleyes:) has one so why not Les?

I am also looking forward to what Les will come up with. Ray and Bear have fixed blades, which they also use in their TV-programs. From that point of view, I think Les will come up with a multitool.

He's always preferred the Leatherman Wave, but he's been shown using different types of tools and blades depending on the situation. He had a Buck 119 on the dog-sled episode, a Vic in a few episodes, but that Wave seems to be his standard carry. I doubt Leatherman would do a run for him, curious what company produces this for him. As for the knife, really can't guess if he's going for a fancy innovative version or an ultra-simple classic.

Back