Let’s see what your wife carries.

Don't have a wife ... that's probably the main reason I can carry a CRK Sebenza or a Hinderer XM-18 ... or a Carothers fixed blade ...

but the last woman in my life carried a Small Insingo Sebenza in her purse along with my Beretta 85FS .380 ...

My wife carries a grudge against my knife buying
With your moniker, surely she can’t disapprove of kitchen knives? ;)

I find what mitigates any hostility my wife might feel towards me buying oodles of knives, is that I get out there and use ‘em. I take the kids, too, or just take myself off for a few nights. Sometimes I take all of them, which is great. Having seen me teach the kids how to use an axe and a knife to make a cooking fire, and then watching them do it for a few days, she just doesn’t really question blades anymore. During the Summer we rented a place in the Pyrenees, and I gave her a PM2 to use for culinary tasks. She loved it. Job done. I absent mindedly tried to hand her a different one and she said, ‘No, not that one, where’s the one with the hole?’ :D

My beloved wife of over 4 decades can handle kitchen knives in food processing like a samurai , but has absolutely zero interest in carrying any knife .

I guess that's my purpose upon this plain of existence ! o_O

No wife, but my long time lady friend keeps a SAK sentinel in her purse and a Classic in the left front pocket. Took me a couple years to get her to keep a knife with her and now she feels like she is missing something if she doesn't have them.

I was only married for a year, but she carried a Kershaw shuffle in pink. I made her carry it, so when we were at parties she could open the beer she was fetching me.

Divorcing her was one of the best things I've ever done. When I kicked her out, she left the ring and the shuffle. It's around here somewhere.

She wasn't real bright about financials and what things are worth. She took kitchen stuff we got from the wedding etc, but left the $500 Bulova. It was rose gold, matching the ring and diamond earrings I got her. Left those too.

The shuffle I'm sure was to spite me.

Our hobby does "rub off" .

My wife has several ZTs and a couple Victorinox, as well as some Kershaw knives. I recently bought her her own knife bag as her collection has grown to that point.

She often sits on the couch watching TV while flipping one of her knives.

Her favorite is a ZT0777BW, but the ones she is never without are a Vic classic and her Natrix copper.

She had two Vics confiscated at McCarran in 'Vegas when she had them in the bottom of her purse. "Ma'am, do you have a weapon?".

best

mqqn

I'm not married, my girlfriend carries (and abuses) a Victorinox Handyman.

I've given her a Kershaw Knockout and a Böker auto (can't remember the exact model, one of their AK series), but she didn't really take to using them and her sister ending up taking them.

Her clothes usually don't have pockets.

Her knife, my hand.

4rf8y0.jpg

Like someone said earlier, women's clothes often don't have pockets. My wife carries clipped to her skirt but because that isn't as secure as a pocket she recently lost her EDC flashlight which she's really mad about.

Back