Let’s see what your wife carries.

Bugout is mine, the Mini Grip is hers. :D

CijnHIT.jpg

Twinsies, as my wife likes to say

Hidden deep within the labyrinth of pockets and zippers my old sheffield multi tool found a home.
She uses the scissors and knife, I tried to get her into flippers but her fingers aren't made for flipping... knives
I started looking to find her a micra or similar to replace this thing.

DTTvrIj.jpg

My wife doesn’t carry a knife. But this seems like a good place for this story. I was about 10 years old hanging out with a friend for the day. His mom took us to McDonalds for lunch.

His little sister wanted her burger cut in half. The Mom reaches into her purse and pulls out a real full size Italian switch blade. Pushed the button and sliced that burger like it was somebody’s juggler vein. Then it vanished into her purse again.

I was impressed to say the least. A switch blade of any size was a felony were we lived.

A Victorinox Excelsior, 2 blade, a little over 3” closed and less than 1oz. Nice and slim.

My wife doesn't carry anything. Her entire family acts like you're going to stab them if they even see a knife. My wife isn't that bad but she doesn't understand why I always have a knife or why I need more than a couple.

Christmas is interesting and I generally try to carry a smaller traditional just to keep the stupid comments down. Everyone wants to borrow my knife, everyone acts like I'm strange for having it.

I watched her dad take tiny bites out of a large zip tie one day with a pair of nail clippers. Offered my Buck 112 and he declined.

Weird

DSCF9113.JPG

This is my wife's rotation. She loves her little Beretta Tomcat, and that little Junglee (top left) in ATS34. The Spyderco Chaparral Raffir Noble she picked out for an anniversary present last year.

My fiance has 3 knives between her purse and keys......and always wants what I'm carrying to use. She has a Gerber EAB lite that I got her, a SOG key knife thingy on her keys that my brother bought me and she took, and (this made me a little proud) she needed a knife for work bad and ran to Walmart and picked up a CRKT m16 variant that she loves and keeps in her purse.

This is the only knife she will carry. I asked her what color she wanted and she went with the purple. She also carries a JetBeam AA flashlight and a S&W Shield :D

knifework-53034.jpg

Last edited:
Mine carries a spider co-dragonfly. She won’t carry anything else. I’ve tried. She loves those little knives. She will on rare occasions pocket and ESee Izula but that’s not common.

my wife told me she wanted a good pocket knife to carry in her purse. I bought her a nifty Mini Grip. In two years, she never took it out of the box. I was rooting around in a drawer the other day and unearthed a CRKT cheapie. I substituted that for the Mini Grip, which I am now carrying. She won't ever notice. :)

Until it "somehow gets lost", mine currently carries an Emerson Dragonfly.

Back