Let’s see your Chipped knives!

Engraving, anodizing, embellishments, whatever Chip did, let’s see it here! Show off and discuss your past or current projects.

As a Pulp Fiction fan, this one speaks for itself. The titanium military is a great knife, and it’s also a blank canvas that’s perfect for engraving. I had Chip replicate the font from the movie and he made it happen.

y87vBK6.jpg

I'll play. Chip put a lovely stonewash on this Tope for another member here and I got to put the Koa slabs on after. The over-the-top detail was the sharpened swedge on this. Yikes

I heard back second hand that the Tope folks were nonplussed and said we voided the warranty. 🤣

But that swedge tho!
IMG_20211003_081334748_resize_17.jpgIMG_20211003_113830381_resize_70.jpg

Engraving, anodizing, embellishments, whatever Chip did, let’s see it here! Show off and discuss your past or current projects.

As a Pulp Fiction fan, this one speaks for itself. The titanium military is a great knife, and it’s also a blank canvas that’s perfect for engraving. I had Chip replicate the font from the movie and he made it happen.

y87vBK6.jpg
That’s the baddest Spyderco on the forum…hands down.

Thanks for starting this thread Tyler, and for all the posts of my work so far (and in the future) 🤗

To be completely honest, the whole reason I got into any of this was to gussy up my own knives🤷‍♂️😂 There's quite a few laying around here that I've "touched" I'll try to post them up here as I carry them👍

I know it doesn't look like much but by opening the hole a little it makes all the difference and it looks factory, I just wish I had had given Chip the go ahead for engraving or just work his magic on this but I don't believe he's going any where.
bBYvVZd.jpg

I know it doesn't look like much but by opening the hole a little it makes all the difference and it looks factory, I just wish I had had given Chip the go ahead for engraving or just work his magic on this but I don't believe he's going any where.
bBYvVZd.jpg
I really don't understand why they didn't chamfer the scale around the opening hole from the factory 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I'm not going anywhere Martin, send it back whenever you're ready for some "flair"😉

Spyderco Schempp Bowie, I lined up the basketweave on the bolsters with the carbon fiber grain...turned out pretty sweet in my opinion 😎

Screenshot_20211119-102300_Photos~2.jpg

It is the weekend, and as promised…here are some pieces I own that have been touched by Chip.
83772B6F-8AAD-4A55-B9DB-2CD8D7D9227B.jpeg
His craftsmanship and attention to detail is superb. I would not hesitate to have him engrave another for me.

Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery those are some real heirlooms, but that ironwood lockback on the right is just outstanding. Could we get some more pictures, please?
Is this what you were looking for? :)

The Ironwood lockback is a Case/Bose collab. :)
Chip’s work is excellent. :)
F85CB8F4-AB59-41C3-ABF3-CF47FB21CEF5.jpeg7F5A6FEC-EAD9-4DDA-8B85-49FB88795A53.jpeg

I must say, I have knives engraved by world class engravers, including Jake Newell, Tyler Prince and others.

Wilfred Valtakis, aka Chip, can cut with the best of ‘em. His lines are crisp and clean, his shading is excellent, and he excels in his genre of engraving.

He is a guaranteed win for anyone who wants work done by Chip. He is a BF member and a nice guy to boot!

Thanks for working with me, Chip.

I must say, I have knives engraved by world class engravers, including Jake Newell, Tyler Prince and others.

Wilfred Valtakis, aka Chip, can cut with the best of ‘em. His lines are crisp and clean, his shading is excellent, and he excels in his genre of engraving.

He is a guaranteed win for anyone who wants work done by Chip. He is a BF member and a nice guy to boot!

Thanks for working with me, Chip.

Thanks for all the kind words, Coleman! As someone who has handled examples like yours it means a ton🤗

Back