Let’s see your trinity photos!

Trinity in what category?!?!

I'll just go with the most recent candid picture I took with 3 knives in it, which probably answers the question for me

mKqoQIm.jpg

Trinity in what category?!?!

I'll just go with the most recent candid picture I took with 3 knives in it, which probably answers the question for me

mKqoQIm.jpg
Love all the replies! Just to clarify my intent, “holy trinity” was a term used by many when I started collecting seriously to refer to the trio of Hinderer, Strider, and CRK. So it referred to those three brands specifically, and to me the term had meaning as a sort of goal to build towards. But it’s great to see the different versions of that concept today since there are so many great/newer brands out there!

Love all the replies! Just to clarify my intent, “holy trinity” was a term used by many when I started collecting seriously to refer to the trio of Hinderer, Strider, and CRK. So it referred to those three brands specifically, and to me the term had meaning as a sort of goal to build towards. But it’s great to see the different versions of that concept today since there are so many great/newer brands out there!

Yup, that's how I learned it too. But I've swapped the Strider out for the Spartan Harsey Folder.

Yup, that's how I learned it too. But I've swapped the Strider out for the Spartan Harsey Folder.
Great knife! So glad they did the additional plague doctor drop this last year so I was able to nab exactly the one I wanted :) I have a lot of mixed feelings about Strider, I don't think I'll be parting with my Monkey Edge 3V variant any time soon, but I really don't see any additional Striders in my future. Whereas I can't seem to get enough of Hinderer or CRK! And lately I've started obsessing over Shirogorov, that will be my next purchase for sure.

The background, along with the photo footnotes, make me feel like I’m looking at a knife textbook. I love it, awesome knives!

I remember hearing about "the trinity" around the time I first joined BF (2015), when I was just getting deeper into knife collecting, and thinking, "Well, that's never going to happen." ;)

0JTGDPX.jpg

Large Sebenza 31, XM-18 3.5, .75 AR

Picking three favorites -- another great trinity option -- is definitely easier than picking a definitive three (which I'm not going to attempt). This was the trinity I built last year, one top-flight production knife in each size I tend to prefer (3.25", 3.5", 3.75"+).

XVhfjlJ.jpg

Shirogorov NeOn NL, Hinderer XM-18 3.5, Hoback Husky

The background, along with the photo footnotes, make me feel like I’m looking at a knife textbook. I love it, awesome knives!
Haha, so glad that's the case! Kinda appropriate since I'm a teacher that my thread might start looking like a textbook :)

If I had the money...

or
Brian Tighe, Bob Terzuola, & …
Oh man, those last two, I’d buy everything theirs I can afford.
For this year I was shooting at one of the large Spartans with some art work on it but I think righ now
my aim is shifting to my first Protech, the Terzuola colab.

Oh man, those last two, I’d buy everything theirs I can afford.
For this year I was shooting at one of the large Spartans with some art work on it but I think righ now
my aim is shifting to my first Protech, the Terzuola colab.
Hell yeah brother. Apparently there are a bunch of different colors and patterns of the ProTech Terzuola collab coming out this year. Going to be a sick knife!

sixplymaple sixplymaple Hey man, I got few Terzuola colabs, the CRKT tb70 and some Spydercos, but really wish I can afford the real thing… Those colabs are great, I bought them because of his design but it is different story when you get the real thing…
I had a chance to purchase for some European friends couple Bran Tighe customs, unbelievable details and craftsmanship.
Couldn’t go to the SHOT this year but I was pretty regular there before and met and spoke with most of the big names in the industry, including Brian Tighe, very nice guy, I’m not sure if he is still with CRKT now but he was with the company when I met him.
‘Never had a chance to meet Bob Terzuola in person but he wasn’t very active I believe those last few years or maybe I just missed him at the show…

sixplymaple sixplymaple Hey man, I got few Terzuola colabs, the CRKT tb70 and some Spydercos, but really wish I can afford the real thing… Those colabs are great, I bought them because of his design but it is different story when you get the real thing…
I had a chance to purchase for some European friends couple Bran Tighe customs, unbelievable details and craftsmanship.
Couldn’t go to the SHOT this year but I was pretty regular there before and met and spoke with most of the big names in the industry, including Brian Tighe, very nice guy, I’m not sure if he is still with CRKT now but he was with the company when I met him.
‘Never had a chance to meet Bob Terzuola in person but he wasn’t very active I believe those last few years or maybe I just missed him at the show…
I think anything Terzuola is probably going to remain out of my price range sadly. I've owned a couple of Brian Tighe's, including one full custom he made for me many years back, I found him to be a super nice dude, wish I could afford more of his stuff!

Speaking of grails...a legit Bose Wharncliffe trapper (my all time favorite traditional pattern) in mammoth ivory just popped up on AZCK...oh man if money was no object.

And it’s sold… isn’t it amazing that they are guys that have nothing to do but scouting those sites, ready to dump few grand for a tiny little thing with few blades… 😂

Back