let's do a bullseye salsa thread

Thanks James! I dont see or hear much about the Emperor model. I have a couple and really like them in the kitchen. I liked it so much I got it's little brother the Shogun and it has earned a coveted spot in my EDC rotation.
Man, the Emperor has been on my radar. I love the lines on it. The Shogun looks like a fun pocket carry.

Thanks James! I dont see or hear much about the Emperor model. I have a couple and really like them in the kitchen. I liked it so much I got it's little brother the Shogun and it has earned a coveted spot in my EDC rotation.
That emperor though! “If you ever want to....” well you know the rest of the sentence. Sweet blade!

I need to try it. All I have is a small blender my wife uses for smoothies. I guess I could do the blending in parts.
You can reduce by half instead of doing by parts.... hit the thrift shops for a used blender or food processor if you’re able to.

anyone ever make kimchi/fermented and pickled salsa?

so. good.

someday I'd like to experiment with a sauerkraut/mesquite-chipotle flavored habanero salsa

Mmmm mmmm mmm

the big question though, as the southwest has spoiled me with salsa options, is...

who knows some good chutney recipes?

that's something I've never been able to make, nor tried much to follow a recipe with it. some naan and spicy mango or green papaya chutney would be so good together.

and naan is fun because it's so ridiculously tasty and easy to make as any other simple flatbread
There are dozens of chutney recipes out there at least. Grab one and begin experimenting. Think green mango, tamarind paste, honey glazed pearl onion, maybe celery and of course your favorite heat source

Green (as in unripe) tomatoes also make a great chutney. Perfect time of year to get/harvest the tomatoes that aren't going to ripen anyway.

Green (as in unripe) tomatoes also make a great chutney. Perfect time of year to get/harvest the tomatoes that aren't going to ripen anyway.
I would substitute tomatillo aka husk tomato which are readily available year round. They lend a bit more brightness. I’d steam them first, as I would with the standard green unripened tomato.

Back