Let's give Buck some new product ideas

Makael

Loving wife, kids and life.
Gold Member
What would be some things Buck could offer to keep production boiling? This Micarta 110 and 112 is a home run. What other knives could be a home run.

My ideas,
1.Stronger Bushcraft line of knives.
2.Full tang 119. This would bring the 119 right to the front of my purchases.
3.1095 or 5160 124 model. This knife could use a freshening.
4. 916 Bowie is one of the most beautiful blade shapes I've seen. A full tang and size handle would make it a winner.
5. Maybe a full line of these Micarta knives, 300 series etc.

Any more ideas?

Please don't think I would like to see an existing model change. I love the traditional knives Buck builds. But maybe some similiar models more robust in construction.

Your top three are exactly what I came up with before reading it.

I’ve said for a couple years that I’d love to see a 124 in 5160. That knife deserves a tough carbon steel.

119, full width tang, and a drop point option, also in 5160.

And while Buck caters very wel to the outdoorsman’s hunting needs, yeah a bit more development of camp type knives would be nice. As an outdoorsman who is not a hunter, Buck’s lineup can sometimes leave me wanting. With that, I’d also really like to see more saber and FFG rather than hollow-grinds. I like hollow grinds, but there are no single solutions for every situation.

Perhaps even some like a separate camp line, like the way ESEE has the “Camp Lore” series.

All of these ideas are great.
The Esse type of camp knife would surely be a hit. It could bring a younger crowd who crave these hard use camp knives.

119, full width tang, and a drop point option, also in 5160.

Ya know... the more I think about it, the more I like the sound of that knife. Use some micarta scales, and nix the guard, and that thing, while admittedly not really a 119 anymore, would be a rather nice, slimmer alternative to the 124 and make a heck of a woods knife.

Ya know... the more I think about it, the more I like the sound of that knife. Use some micarta scales, and nix the guard, and that thing, while admittedly not really a 119 anymore, would be a rather nice, slimmer alternative to the 124 and make a heck of a woods knife.
Yes, a smaller clip point 124 in a high carbon steel, Micarta slabs. 3/16 steel. Might be the perfect camp knife. Maybe in both clip and drop point models.

I would like to see a whittler, with wood or some sort of natural scales.

I would like to see Buck bring out a 317 or 334 Trapper with a wood handle. All the rest of the knife the same. DM

David, when I saw the pictures of your 334 in the first post of the other thread, my first thought was those look just like the bullet knives I just bought. 1989 Remington bullet knife, cocobolo wood handle, 4 1/2 inch long closed, 3 5/8 inch long blades. Made by Camillus.

O.B.

Since new folks at Buck will see this I would suggest Buck look into making surgical cutting tools. Im sure medical suppliers would consider a strong USA based company like Buck! My heart surgeon said they are extremely expensive and could develop a new revenue stream regardless of trends in pocket knives. I too would love to see a fixed blade 112 (no nail nick lol) and at least a option for a CS 112 to get a drop point blades in S35VN, BG42..Buck we don't mind paying a premium for premium steels and handle material..Even pure silver!!

Last edited:
Improve the QC control once and for all.
I know all on here love Buck regardless but to compete in this market today you need to step up your game.
I know many of you don't care about vertical play on the 110 or 112 for example but for a new enthusiast this is a major no no.
I've had two vantagens and both had a very late lockup.
I miss them both because i love the design but won't buy them again because i can't deal again with these kind of aspects.
Please I'm not trying to trash Buck, it's quite the opposite.
I just wish these things would matter to you all so that the brand could reach higher hights.

Improve the QC control once and for all.
I know all on here love Buck regardless but to compete in this market today you need to step up your game.
I know many of you don't care about vertical play on the 110 or 112 for example but for a new enthusiast this is a major no no.
I've had two vantagens and both had a very late lockup.
I miss them both because i love the design but won't buy them again because i can't deal again with these kind of aspects.
Please I'm not trying to trash Buck, it's quite the opposite.
I just wish these things would matter to you all so that the brand could reach higher hights.

We've been over this before and you are way off topic. Start your own thread.

They made a Nessmuk pattern for Thompson years ago, that would be neat to bring back. I had one but sold it as I couldn't see myself using a collectible.

More traditional patterns made in the US would also be nice.

They used to partner with makers from time to time. That could bring in some new ideas for them. However, maybe "strider" changed their mind on that approach.

Back