Let's give Buck some new product ideas

Buck did make a full tang 119, 102, 103, and 105 all of mirrored polished S30V steel. With checkered walnut handles and a
handsome up grade sheath. The Signature series 819, 802, ect.. These are hard to find today but just saying they did make
such a model at one time. DM

We've been over this before and you are way off topic. Start your own thread.
Really? Off Topic?

What would be some things Buck could offer to keep production boiling? This Micarta 110 and 112 is a home run. What other knives could be a home run.

My ideas,
1.Stronger Bushcraft line of knives.
2.Full tang 119. This would bring the 119 right to the front of my purchases.
3.1095 or 5160 124 model. This knife could use a freshening.
4. 916 Bowie is one of the most beautiful blade shapes I've seen. A full tang and size handle would make it a winner.
5. Maybe a full line of these Micarta knives, 300 series etc.

Any more ideas?

Please don't think I would like to see an existing model change. I love the traditional knives Buck builds. But maybe some similiar models more robust in construction.

I would like to see Buck bring out a 317 or 334 Trapper with a wood handle. All the rest of the knife the same. DM
Agree 100%
Clip pt 124 would be great. Here's one of aprx 75-100 that was done in the customer service shop in 1975 by customer requests before Chuck halted the service.

79ez27K.jpg

rQTgwdX.jpg

X0ozZbu.jpg

juYiECi.jpg

This ^^^

Preferably made in Idaho, and two blades.
Maybe a Sheepsfoot main with full length clip or spear point secondary instead of the more common pen secondary.

Did BUCK make a Barlow in the past??? This would be KOOL!! Then change up the handles to various materials/colors!! Yes Sir!!! John

Did BUCK make a Barlow in the past??? This would be KOOL!! Then change up the handles to various materials/colors!! Yes Sir!!! John
There was a BUCK Barlow made by Camillus for SMKW. Large and small, in black or yellow valox. I'd love to be able to buy one.

Agree 100%
Clip pt 124 would be great. Here's one of aprx 75-100 that was done in the customer service shop in 1975 by customer requests before Chuck halted the service.

79ez27K.jpg

rQTgwdX.jpg

X0ozZbu.jpg

juYiECi.jpg

I'd have to buy 2 or 3 of those. That is an awesome 124!!!!

How about some 2 or 3 blade cut on contact fixed blade broadheads without replaceable blades for archery hunters, in 100; 125; and 150 grain choices?

Improve the QC control once and for all.
I know all on here love Buck regardless but to compete in this market today you need to step up your game.
I know many of you don't care about vertical play on the 110 or 112 for example but for a new enthusiast this is a major no no.
I've had two vantagens and both had a very late lockup.
I miss them both because i love the design but won't buy them again because i can't deal again with these kind of aspects.
Please I'm not trying to trash Buck, it's quite the opposite.
I just wish these things would matter to you all so that the brand could reach higher hights.
These do matter very much. We don't hold a blind eye to QC.
We're not saying vertical blade play is acceptable. Or any QC issue is ok.

I own multiple brands, Chris Reeves, Hinderer, Ruana, Becker, Tops and recently Busse. All of these brands are known to be of high quality. Tops and Becker price range is more in line with Buck. The others cost 5 to 6 times as much. Buck doesnt stand out to me as a problem brand.
Now their might be Buck models more prone to issues. The Vantage is high on the list. The spit fire also but Buck reworked the model. The example I had of the 2018 model did not have the issues of the earlier models.

The 110 is fairly problem free. Like any brand their are knives that get out that don't meet expectations.

What does get old is someone will roll in with 1-800- waaaaaaa on speed dial. Buck has one of the if not the best warranty department out there. So when sending the knife in to warranty is mentioned you will see a response of I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SEND IT IN! come back as the response. Nothing is perfect, expectations SHOULDN'T be either.

Anyway. I love seeing these ideas. I had no idea Buck made full tang versions of those knives David.

A Barlow would be pretty cool. Maybe a 2 blade 110 Barehead. I don't know how much retooling would be required.

Great stuff.

Last edited:
They made a Nessmuk pattern for Thompson years ago, that would be neat to bring back. I had one but sold it as I couldn't see myself using a collectible.

More traditional patterns made in the US would also be nice.

They used to partner with makers from time to time. That could bring in some new ideas for them. However, maybe "strider" changed their mind on that approach.

I'm trying to find a Buck Nessmuk. What a great design,

Yes, as mentioned there are US made "Buck" barlows, nice knives but not really a Buck in my mind.

I would say more Vantage options as I really like them but the micarata version done by SK recently was a home run in my mind so that covers me there for now.

That's right, ideas for new knives. Makael can expand upon this or we can take it to the mods.
yowser you guys ! this is nothing compared to how threads were hijacked when I first was a newbe!
dayum i thinks der should bees a thin skin warning sigh posted on all forums...
really tho we are all allowed to interpret what is typed here and how we respond to it ...
many don't like what or how I tells a story or jokes about... buts a few hillbillys understands what I says real good and the others … well ifn theys finds a dave dec oder ring dey does fine also

I would like to see Buck offer S30V in the custom shop for the 503 and 505, like they already do for the 501. I use the Prince everyday at work and it would be nice to go a little longer between touch ups.

and here comes the angry folks but I'm gonna say it anyways............buck should really considering letting go of the 420hc as the standard steel and going towards a better all around steel such as cpm-154 as the standard. then more use of newer super steels where they currently use cpm-154 and s30v.

I'll add more later on other thoughts.........

yowser you guys ! this is nothing compared to how threads were hijacked when I first was a newbe!
dayum i thinks der should bees a thin skin warning sigh posted on all forums...
really tho we are all allowed to interpret what is typed here and how we respond to it ...
many don't like what or how I tells a story or jokes about... buts a few hillbillys understands what I says real good and the others … well ifn theys finds a dave dec oder ring dey does fine also
New people who read purpose driven slang could get the wrong impression. :)

Back