Let's give Buck some new product ideas

Buck wants to stay current and appeal to the Buck collector customer. Tough road. They have done a great job,

This Titanium Damasteel ball bearing flipper proves they can do it.

Just ordered a Buck Yellow jacket. I've been wanting one for awhile.0197IWSLE-2-1-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:
I truly like the Onset and it's absolutely on my 'Bargin Buy' list..One of only 2 or 3 high end Bucks that are not 112's I would buy. I'm glad Buck makes knives like that.

Ive read through all 5 pages so far and have to agree with a few posts suggesting a 110/112 with a flat grind in carbon steel. Knives are tools and get used by me daily. The ones that work best with what I do have flat grinds and drop points in harder steels. I do try to have a 110 with me as much as possible and have purchased a 110 in 5160 with a drop point.... Great knife but the hollow grind would move it up to perfect.

A sheath or an attachment with the current sheath where you can carry all 7 blades for a 550 selector...

I'd love to see some matching clip point fixed / folder combo sets in both brass / wood sets and aluminum phenolic sets.

110 +119sp
112 + 117 mini
55 + 102

^great idear. sets are always great.

the 640xl in a more pedestrian model.....read as far more affordable for a user rather than a collector.......would be pretty great.

buck does seem to make some great models and then never again...or least not for a long time.

Buck wants to stay current and appeal to the Buck collector customer. Tough road. They have done a great job,

This Titanium Damasteel ball bearing flipper proves they can do it.

Just ordered a Buck Yellow jacket. I've been wanting one for awhile.View attachment 1017755
two really great examples of buck makes great models and then never again.......sure they have their reasons, but...........

I like the idea of a bushcraft/outdoors oriented line that is less along the lines of hunting. More drop points, less guard, less hollow-grinds, more full tangs. However, I think running with what they already have, a bit, taking many of their hunting fixed blades and knocking the clip point off would do pretty well at getting close to the bushcrafting use. Get rid of the polished phenolic handle and get somethin gripper. Maybe texture that up a bit or go with canvas micarta. Checkered wood is also a great option. I like the brahma is a pretty cool step, now just knock the clip point off. The could even just run it with a straight spine which wouldn't be too far from a Leuku, puukko, or woodlore (thinking 118 size for last 2). The selkirk line isn't cutting it for many of us.

I think they could do some marketing to inform people that hollow-grinds don't simply assplode when used for cutting wood. My 5160 119 from Makael has shaved up a fair bit of sticks since I picked it up from him. The only thing I am hesitant on using it for is batoning and that has as more to do with the clip point and handle design than the edge. Sensible batoning doesn't require a big freaking blade anyway if you're sensible.

I would love to see more full flat grind or high saber grinds but I think that gives them the same thing everyone else would have so doesn't really differentiate themselves much by doing what everyone else is doing. I will say, one huge plus for the current phenolic handled fixed blades is a very noticeable weight savings over similar blade length alternatives. I feel like that goes unnoticed a lot because of the reputation of the 110 being a beast and the thought of buck's designs being more traditional.

I do like that they are able to get some US made folders at an affordable price range in their LT models. Maybe diversify that a bit, add a strong lock in there (or more flippers in general). It would be really interesting if a flipper backlock could be figured out while still giving a good lockup since many of those designs use reduced pressure on the tang while the blade is between opened and closed. Having blade with an assisted lockback from a different brand it's a pretty interesting concept to me.

I think they could look at some type of game processing line. They already have the field dressing stuff but not really a butchering line from what I can see. I could see a "from the field to the freezer" line of knives so things like an affordable butcher knife, cleaver, and similar type of kit.

I seen this thread and had to see what you all thought. I'm a part time custom knifemaker and I have been thinking about contacting Buck and pitching this design to them. I have no idea how to go about doing that but thought since I seen this thread why not ask you all if it is even something people would be interested in.
The blade is 12" CPM3V and handle is a coffee bag burlap.
eTviFEH.jpg
Nice blade. Saw it and you on TV the other night. Nice job on the show.

I like my little Vantage Pro in s30v but if they would extend the flipper and run it on bearings it would be so much nicer.

Adore the 112.
Maybe a framelock version someday?
Was figuring skeletonized holes
on one side of the handle
as in the style of the old titanium 560 folder.
Just my 2 cents.

How about a 110/112 auto with a more premium steel (ats-154, s30v etc) and a tip up/tip down pocket clip?

I think those would sell pretty well.
Honestly I dont think you’d even need to change handle or bolster materials in order to make it appealing.

Back