Let's Play

Hello All,

First Post to this forum. Gonna have a few days out on my own this weekend Primitive camping starting tomorrow... I am happy already:D

Ah man. Im jealous!
Ill get my chance next weekend when the wife and kids are gone for 4 days!
Im counting down already.

Thanks Guys! What a blast we had. We were located deep between the mountain walls and the rain surely knew we were there. On the hike in, we took a break on the trail both sitting down on a rock on the trail. My buddy asked me if the 40cal was readily accessible if we needed it. I told him no it wasn't. With that comment my testosterone came out. I grabbed the Esse 5 and threw it as hard as I could into the trail fully expecting it to be 3'' buried in the trail. Wow what a show off! Ding..... It hit tip first off a rock. It chipped out a small radius of rock about 1/8" dia but not too deep. I thought for sure I was screwed, No bull the tip on the knife showed none, and I mean not hint of damage from what it just took. Additionally it is a Awesome tool for splitting wood as long as one keeps the size of the log about 4" or so. We split all of this wood in the pic plus more over the couple days we were there. Fine time in the forest. Didn't have any use for the big 40cal but that's a good thing. Oh yeah, one last note: When was the last time you heard a mammoth tree fall in the forest @ 2:20 am? Dang we are all fleas in the big picture...

For those of you getting out soon Enjoy! Its Awesome...TD

Last edited:
Awesome! Looks like you had a great time! I've been busy as can be for about the last two months now, and was thinking earlier that a few days spent camping would do me a lot of good.

Great pics, looks like you guys had a great time.
Alway good to be out in the woods for couple of nights
Nice choice of knife, I love my Esee 5, a true beast of a knife.

Thanks Guys! It was fun even with the rain :) We sawed so much wood over the couple days my Laplander gave me some serious blisters. At one point I just lay the 5 on the partially uncut piece of log and slammed the back spine until it was lodged into the uncut side, Used two hands to hold a 4" monster Baton and pounded it I finished the cut. Appears the Log may have had some stones in it from newly created pattern on the spine. The weight of this knife is an asset to me, to each their own I Suppose. It cannot do all the chores but I will guarantee you will always be able to depend on it. It is a true Beast of a knife that has its place for real hard work.

Back