Lets see opinels - Pic Thread

One I've shown before an old pruner I believe.
a9094a488c9602c607082a3123165698.jpg

well i started off with thinking that opinels were ugly as sin but i decided to get one cause of its history and i love history... long story short, i love opinels now and i wanna see your guys opinels! the different patterns, customization's, or even just these beautiful knives themselves!

Already got a current thread on that. Merging this one with that one.

Hi there knarfeng .nice to hear from you again .Sorry it was ment to go to the appropiate thread but got it wrong again.

I'm new to Opinel. Recently, I got a #6 and #8 Carbone. Today, I ordered a #6 and #8 Trekking, in Inox. I like the presence of the lanyard. Now, I need a nice belt sheath for the #8.

Hi there knarfeng .nice to hear from you again .Sorry it was ment to go to the appropiate thread but got it wrong again.

Not a problem. I was just explaining why I merged them.

Realized I have not posted to this thread in a while.

I bought both my sons Opinels (a No. 6 for the younger that I took the edge and very point off of...initially....I have recently resharpened jr for him and he uses it all the time).

The older got a No.7 Coogenels (sp) with the full sized blade, but slim tail, like mine.

I also bought a batch from another member years ago. And gifted a No.8 to my dad.

Z9QHH8c.jpg

Little hair whittling

hPEfGA7.jpg

Whittling a pine wood derby station wagon for my younger son.

Hd1C2aB.jpg

NLWsLQl.jpg

The stainless #8 also whittled the majority of my entry (van with a canoe on top same colors as my van and canoe)

5KJ9njA.jpg

Wooden Wednesday pile.
GV1MmCz.jpg

h1os5lm.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see this thread stretching its legs again :cool:

Opinels can be divisive, some obsess over them, others disdain them :D I like them a lot, simple, clever and one of the best knives for pic-nic or snack prep, they also excel in the garden: solid and clever locking, no spring, liners or pivot to get messed up with sand or grit-try that with a conventional sprung knife or lockback :eek:.

Another point, some are actually stamped, how cool is that on an inexpensive production knife? The Crowned Hand :thumbsup:

ZufZu0z.jpg

Good to see this thread stretching its legs again :cool:

Opinels can be divisive, some obsess over them, others disdain them :D I like them a lot, simple, clever and one of the best knives for pic-nic or snack prep, they also excel in the garden: solid and clever locking, no spring, liners or pivot to get messed up with sand or grit-try that with a conventional sprung knife or lockback :eek:.

Another point, some are actually stamped, how cool is that on an inexpensive production knife? The Crowned Hand :thumbsup:

ZufZu0z.jpg
If it were not for my Laguiole, my Opinel would be my favourite knife. Great size and shape, cuts like a demon, lightweight, easy to operate, etc. And I love the blade stamp too!

Great knives for sure Vince and let's not forget there are scale choices-I have some in Bubinga and even Horn :cool: In addition, there are useful variations in sizes (and tasks) the No. 8 being the usual but I like the 6 and 7-then there are behemoths too :D Saw a display in a knife shop in France with some GIGANTIC version :D

Back