Lets see opinels - Pic Thread

This my first Opinel off the bay from France. It took a while to get here. I love advert knives. Needs a little TLC.

m4K9ckf.jpg

TjcAdNu.jpg

I had to go to page 12 to find this thread. Here is my latest Opinel. It is a No. 8 with a scene burned on it. I have a few of this series.

r16rO4j.jpg
That’s pretty nice. Do you know how many are in the series? I’m gonna have to look into these.

That’s pretty nice. Do you know how many are in the series? I’m gonna have to look into these.
If you go to Opinel’s USA website and look for “decorated handles”, you will see them. If you send them an image file, they will engrave the handle with whatever you want pretty cheap. They will also engrave the blades.

If you go to Opinel’s USA website and look for “decorated handles”, you will see them. If you send them an image file, they will engrave the handle with whatever you want pretty cheap. They will also engrave the blades.
Good to know. Thanks for the info. Now it’s time to shop. Lol

5z2KDCl.jpg

Here's my trusty old #6 - it has been my companion on weeks long backpacking trips, road trips, and everyday office adventures. I even once accidentally brought it to an airport and had to hand it off to an Uber driver with a $20 bill and a paper with my address and phone number, assuming that I would never see it again. Two weeks later, however, I got a call and walked down to see the driver had returned with my knife!

I have only one Opie... a drop point Carbone no. 8. THAT... is the PERFECT Opinel in my opinion. I cannot find that particular combination for sale anywhere, and if I did... I'd likely buy a half dozen or so.
I do have a small pile of Carbone no. 6 and no. 7 that I periodically gift out to deserving friends.

My no. 8 has served many duties, some kitchen... but now, it is my main pipe tobacco plug cutting knife. I keep it razor sharp, and it performs miracles.

Back