Let's see some Ebony!

I've got an Ebony Tidioute Stockman #53 and Ben Hogan #65 on the way (both serial number 18 :D), and I'm trying with all my might to keep from buying an ebony Conductor. I'll post some pics of my new babies in a few days, but meanwhile to sate my craving I was hoping that perhaps you all could share your sleek, sexy, classy ebony. :)

I did a reasonably thorough search and wasn't able to find a thread dedicated to ebony traditionals, which is strange, because I think it is one of the most classic scale materials, as well as being one of the most beautiful. The only posting restriction is that the member with the Ebony Tidioute Conductor is NOT allowed to post, I am already bordering on recieving couch duty from my fiance with these last two I picked up over the weekend. I don't need any more tempation on that one.

Here's my one and only at the moment...

Bret Dowell "Sowbelly Trapper"

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Nice one, Elliott. The backsprings look like all one piece!

I just have these two so far.

2010 Bladeforums Moose

IMG_0953.jpg

Tidioute #25 Barlow

IMG_1048.jpg

Just ignore the stag in the first pic. :)
I really love this Case backpocket. I'd also love for them to do one in ebony and CV steel.
IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

I only have these 3 right now. A pair of GEC #56s and a CSC Half Moon Trapper.
IMG_0850-1.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

This is my only ebony, a Case Bose collab, here next to the Case Bose Norfolk in mother-of-pearl. Sorry about the poor quality of the pic. :(

Thanks a lot for the replies. I'm seeing some absolutely beautiful knives here. I just love the contrast that ebony has with silver bolsters and/or shields. So classy...

My swayback gent. It's not quite as pretty as it once was but it sees plenty of use.

SBG.JPG

Allen

Here are the Buck slipjoint offerings. Models 314 and 312 Trappers. Limited Editions. From the modern past 1990. 300Bucks

bebonytrapper.jpg

Older photo of same.
Ebony-314312_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
lambertiana, admire that Queen QCCC Teardop, I'd really like to find one of those as I've the Greenbone version(user) and the Winterbottom Bone (nice reddish colour).
Some superb old classics there as well.

Back