Let's see some Ebony!

Some great looking old and new knives in this thread.

Three Bose/Case collaborations and a swayback by Ken Erickson. (I carry this one on occasions.)

Ebony.jpg

Gus, that NYKC shield seems to have been designed around ebony. Just a great locking swing guard hunter, there.

Did any of you by chance purchase the #18 serial ebony Conductor from Northwest? :D I have the #18 Ben Hogan and #18 Cuban Stockman on the way, I'd love to have a trio instead of a duo.

Pics today if I'm lucky... I'm really hoping to see a package on the porch when I get home.

Thanks again for posting the pics everyone... I'm loving them. Ebony is such a classic and beautiful material on these knives. What's funny is I've been working with wood for a long time and never really had any love for Ebony until I got into traditional folders.

edit: YAY!

geceb004.jpg

geceb002.jpg

geceb003.jpg

Last edited:
Here are 2 Old Ulsters. Ulster used some great ebony, very tight grain hardly a pore visible.
Ulsters.jpg

Hi folks -

I think I enjoy looking at pictures of traditional slip-joint knives more than any other knives.

Here is a picture of the only ebony I have, my 2010 moose.

DSC_6291.JPG

best regards -

mqqn

This is my only Ebony so far.
ebony2.jpg

It may not be much but I am now officially an addict. My ebony collection will be growing as soon as possible.

Everybody has to be congratulated on those lovely knives...
Paul M...that big Ulster is just one fantastic knife - beautiful !!

Here is a lovely TB designed Case, love this little saddlehorn..
myknives006-2.jpg

myknives007-2.jpg

Beautiful ebonies all. Duncan, WOW! I haven't seen a saddlehorn in ebony...GREAT KNIFE!

thank you my friend, I haven't been brave enough to use this lovely knife too much, but I am about to do another photo shoot soon, so they will all come out, and I just may have to change my ways....as we all know to use a knife is to REALLY appreciate that knife :eek:

Edit...the reason I bought this knife was the style of the saddle back-and also the secondry blade was just that bit different, the description was African Ironwood, which I thought was in the Ebony family...i am certainly NOT sorry I saw this knife, the seller was just a great guy as well = perfect.

Back