Lets see some GEC Beaver Tail

TheJon

Gold Member
You know I was never a big fan of these until I pick one of them up for cheap, and they've really grown on me, does anyone specifically collect them? I mean they're not the most elegant, but they're just the right amount of fun. I'm gonna have to go look and see how many different models have had a run of Beaver Tail covers.

Let me see what you all got, show me your beaver tails. And if anyone has a list off hand of which models were made with beaver tail covers I would be grateful.

sCQakMNl.jpg

RClzPq0l.jpg

kA63vAO.jpg

A9zibby.jpg

I only have two, one from the last run of 23's and my 97. I haven't carried my 23 beavertail much as I carry the micarta one mostly. But the 97 I have carried quite a bit as it quickly became a favorite of mine. I don't have a good color pic of the 97 that shows its coloring off well but I like this pic of it anyway. The Brazilian cherry is a wonderful wood imho, nice rich color usually. The quirky beaver shield is just a bonus:D:thumbsup:

kA63vAO.jpg

A9zibby.jpg

I only have two, one from the last run of 23's and my 97. I haven't carried my 23 beavertail much as I carry the micarta one mostly. But the 97 I have carried quite a bit as it quickly became a favorite of mine. I don't have a good color pic of the 97 that shows its coloring off well but I like this pic of it anyway. The Brazilian cherry is a wonderful wood imho, nice rich color usually. The quirky beaver shield is just a bonus:D:thumbsup:
I didn't pick up either of those when they came out, but lately as I've been carrying a 43 I've started wondering how those would carry.
424M6GY.jpg

My only current beaver tail - the underrated 38 special.
I've thought about trying a 38, they're larger than I realized.
It's interesting that there isn't a set jigging pattern they use for the beaver tails.

I didn't pick up either of those when they came out, but lately as I've been carrying a 43 I've started wondering how those would carry.

For me the 97 carries well despite its length, its relatively thin and well rounded. The 23's I normally carry in a belt sheath as they're a little bit bulkier. Both are great patterns imho, although kind of on the opposite ends when it comes to the pull. The 97's tend to be on the softer side and the 23's on the firmer end.

Back