Lets see some Hinderer action

Cinco de Mayo carry
i.ashx

Where did you get those copper clip screws? Do they sell those on the Hinderer site?

We still have copper kits but they do not include the copper clip screws. We had some copper plated clip screws left over from a while back and offered them with the kits for a short period of time.

Copper Half Track Kits are available at:

https://www.usamadeblade.com/Full-Copper-Hinderer-Half-Track-Kit-1-2-Trk-Copper.htm

I got my kit from USA Made Blade, inquired about the screws from Whitty when ordering, and was lucky enough that he still had some of the leftovers which he kindly threw in with my order.

This would not be the first kindness that Scott has done me, and we are very fortunate to have a fellow knife-knut and good guy among our ranks here at BF and the Hinderer pages who also happens to be a top-shelf knife dealer. Just sayin'... :)

Did you find your pivot drifting, DRLyman DRLyman , or do you just habitually LocTite your pivots? I don't think any of my Hinderers have moved after adjustment and I will only LocTite pivots if absolutely necessary, as in those that move after a couple dozen or so cycles. I have knives that will loosen after several days of carry and use, and I don't mind having to do a slight re-adjustment from time to time for centering, play, or action.

Edit: How did you find the factory edge on your knife? It seems that Hinderer is coming through lately with more acute edge bevels. My older knives all required a bit of work to get to even 20 DPS and refine the edges a bit. My two, newer HalfTracks were considerably sharper than my earlier XMs and MP1.

Last edited:
Did you find your pivot drifting, DRLyman DRLyman , or do you just habitually LocTite your pivots? I don't think any of my Hinderers have moved after adjustment and I will only LocTite pivots if absolutely necessary, as in those that move after a couple dozen or so cycles. I have knives that will loosen after several days of carry and use, and I don't mind having to do a slight re-adjustment from time to time for centering, play, or action.

Edit: How did you find the factory edge on your knife? It seems that Hinderer is coming through lately with more acute edge bevels. My older knives all required a bit of work to get to even 20 DPS and refine the edges a bit. My two, newer HalfTracks were considerably sharper than my earlier XMs and MP1.
The pivot wasn’t drifting. I decided to take it apart to clean it and to get to know the knife since I’ve never done that with a Hinderer knife before. I put some of the white loctite from CRK on the pivot because that is what it looked like was used on it. I’ve read that they only use loctite on the pivot and that is how it was. I was thinking I’d find the blue like I saw in their factory video and was surprised to see all the white on the threads. It was on about 3/4 the length of the screw. When it’s taken apart again, I’ll follow your advice and try it without any. That would be nice to not need it.

The knife came shaving sharp. Usually the first thing I do when I get a knife is throw it on the KME and put a mirror edge on it. I haven’t done that yet with this one because of how sharp it came. I figure I’ll wait until it needs to be sharpened and then do it. I haven’t measured the angle, but I can put the angle cube on it tonight and see what it is at exactly.

Back