Lets see some Hinderer action

ChazzyP ChazzyP and DRLyman DRLyman good to see you guys talking about the sharpness out of the box. We have been telling folks that lately but I think most folks think it is a ploy just so we can sell more Hinderers:D
I've wondered a bit about the origin of this change. Some years ago I read about Rick's preference for a coarse, hard-use, more durable edge, so what we see lately is something quite different. Is this attributable to a change in philosophy, in response to market trends/demands, or perhaps improved sharpening equipment back at the ranch? I for one am pleased with the outcome and new, better edges whatever the reason, as I spent some time getting my earlier RHKs re-profiled the way I liked them.

Of course, one could spend one's own time...
DsBK4bm.jpg

...or money getting them just right.
3WhP9p5.jpg

Huge props to Josh for both the stunning re-grind and the scary-sharp edge. I'm pretty much afraid of this knife.
YNsrX30.jpg

I've wondered a bit about the origin of this change. Some years ago I read about Rick's preference for a coarse, hard-use, more durable edge, so what we see lately is something quite different. Is this attributable to a change in philosophy, in response to market trends/demands, or perhaps improved sharpening equipment back at the ranch? I for one am pleased with the outcome and new, better edges whatever the reason, as I spent some time getting my earlier RHKs re-profiled the way I liked them.

The main change is that Rick is back heavily involved in the day to day operation. He has been on the floor everyday and working his way through to make sure each knife is being done to specs that he thinks the market would like and that are to the standards one would expect with one of his knives. The guy that does all their sharpening is named Tristan. He is a natural with it but was sharpening them the way they always have. Rick took the time to show him a few tricks and the difference has been incredibly noticeable to everyone.

The main change is that Rick is back heavily involved in the day to day operation. He has been on the floor everyday and working his way through to make sure each knife is being done to specs that he thinks the market would like and that are to the standards one would expect with one of his knives. The guy that does all their sharpening is named Tristan. He is a natural with it but was sharpening them the way they always have. Rick took the time to show him a few tricks and the difference has been incredibly noticeable to everyone.
Thanks are the edge angles changing, the grind thickness or just the grit level? I haven't handled a newer one first hand yet

I never thought I’d like this knife as much as I do. I thought it would be too small and I’d end up getting rid of it. I decided to give it a try and just received it today and it fits like a glove in my hand.
You know the feeling you get when you open that new knife and everything just seems perfect. The look, the feel, and everything mechanically is just right. I especially like the jimping where my pinky finger falls. That’s how I feel about this little guy. I wish I wouldn’t have waited so long to finally get one. This may dethrone my Eklipse as pocket king.
If you’re on the fence with this model, give it a shot. You might be very surprised.

i-9cVJjxP-X2.jpg

I never thought I’d like this knife as much as I do. I thought it would be too small and I’d end up getting rid of it. I decided to give it a try and just received it today and it fits like a glove in my hand.
You know the feeling you get when you open that new knife and everything just seems perfect. The look, the feel, and everything mechanically is just right. I especially like the jimping where my pinky finger falls. That’s how I feel about this little guy. I wish I wouldn’t have waited so long to finally get one. This may dethrone my Eklipse as pocket king.
If you’re on the fence with this model, give it a shot. You might be very surprised.

i-9cVJjxP-X2.jpg

Great pic! We hear these same remarks from a good number of customers. It is a great EDC or back up carry your main EDC. Love that 2 Tone!

Back