Lets see some Hinderer action

8C947413-A792-4E49-80CA-4BD36096E78F.jpeg My 3” Dlt exclusive should be here Wednesday. Generally; I’m not a fan of small folders but I’ve been impressed with my Para 3 (3” blade). I think this smaller Xm will impress.

Might as well add a pic of the Hinderer in my pocket today.

DLT exclusive Hinderer 3" XM-18 No Choil Slicer. I can see easily where the blade got it's name. I really like it.

i-9GMM2s3-X2.jpg

i-KVWBHnv-X2.jpg

That’s a great looking Xm, DRLyman! How is the action?
Action is great. Very smooth. I'll be keeping the bearings in it just as it came. I'm really liking the slicer blade. Some things are easier to cut and get into because of the thinner blade. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for the 3.5" version, as well. Very happy with it.

I was thinking the same thing, but I think I overheard someone say that they were a little different from each other somehow. Whether that has any merit or not, I'm not sure.

I was thinking the same thing, but I think I overheard someone say that they were a little different from each other somehow. Whether that has any merit or not, I'm not sure.
Just looked it up and this is what I found. Some the same, some not.

Hardware Compatibility:
  • Skinny Pivot Screw = Skinny Specific
  • Skinny Scale Screws = Standard XM-18 3.5 inch/XM-24
  • Skinny Standoffs = XM-18 3.5 inch
  • Skinny Handle Nuts = Skinny Specific
  • Skinny G10 Scale = Skinny Specific

Last edited:
Just looked it up and this is what I found. Some the same, some not.

Hardware Compatibility:
  • Skinny Pivot Screw = Skinny Specific
  • Skinny Scale Screws = Standard XM-18 3.5 inch/XM-24
  • Skinny Standoffs = XM-18 3.5 inch
  • Skinny Handle Nuts = Skinny Specific
  • Skinny G10 Scale = Skinny Specific

Well, looks like everything's different except for the screws and standoffs! Would love to try out a skinny 24 soon!

Well, looks like everything's different except for the screws and standoffs! Would love to try out a skinny 24 soon!
I handled one of them at DLT a couple months back. It is one big knife. I went there intending to buy one, but decided it would be too big in the pocket for me. Nice knife, though.

0E3F76A1-45E9-493D-B22C-0CAA72B27CA3.jpeg A55B2202-A5D0-47A6-A8CE-98A4A2BEB57B.jpeg I have an Xm-24 and it’s a beast. Trust me, these pics don’t due the 24 justice.

I handled one of them at DLT a couple months back. It is one big knife. I went there intending to buy one, but decided it would be too big in the pocket for me. Nice knife, though.

XM-24 appears to be massive. It is even larger than ZT 0561, which in my standard is a fairly big folder.

XM-24 appears to be massive. It is even larger than ZT 0561, which in my standard is a fairly big folder.
It is. I was so set on getting one when we went to DLT. I always carry one of my knives at work, and it would be too big for the front pocket. It would fit, but wouldn’t be very comfortable. It makes the 3.5 look small like the 3.5 makes the 3 look small.

Back