Lets see some Hinderer action

Porch Sittin.... Boise, ID
SyLiZPGh.jpg

9531CFB1-F883-43BF-BEAF-403335B9C33A.jpeg I just received my Xm 3”. It came in the typical Hinderer white box, it was so small that I found it almost cute. I was surprised (in a good way) how my 3.5 dwarfed this model. The 3” should be a great little edc. It came hair shaving sharp from the factory and this model feels very slicey. Finally, the flipping action is superb. I mean, superb! Zt better watch out. My other 8 Hinderer’s have good fit and finish and most flip well, some really well. None can compare with the action of this 3” on bearings. I looking forward to trying a new gen 6 3.5 in the future.

Is that the two tone blade or is the light messing with my head?

I just received my Xm 3”. It came in the typical Hinderer white box, it was so small that I found it almost cute. I was surprised (in a good way) how my 3.5 dwarfed this model. The 3” should be a great little edc. It came hair shaving sharp from the factory and this model feels very slicey. Finally, the flipping action is superb. I mean, superb! Zt better watch out. My other 8 Hinderer’s have good fit and finish and most flip well, some really well. None can compare with the action of this 3” on bearings. I looking forward to trying a new gen 6 3.5 in the future.

Yes, polished flats/working finish on the blade. This no choil 3” almost has the same length cutting edge as the 3.5.

View attachment 966224 I just received my Xm 3”. It came in the typical Hinderer white box, it was so small that I found it almost cute. I was surprised (in a good way) how my 3.5 dwarfed this model. The 3” should be a great little edc. It came hair shaving sharp from the factory and this model feels very slicey. Finally, the flipping action is superb. I mean, superb! Zt better watch out. My other 8 Hinderer’s have good fit and finish and most flip well, some really well. None can compare with the action of this 3” on bearings. I looking forward to trying a new gen 6 3.5 in the future.
That’s great. Glad to hear you’re liking yours, too. I also was surprised how much smaller it is compared to the 3.5s. It makes quite a difference in the pocket. A nice thing about it is because of no choil, it’s blade is just a hair shy of the 3.5s as far as the cutting portion of the blade goes. Yours did come with the washer pack, correct? Mine did not, so I had to contact DLT. They took good care of me, though and I now have it.

I did receive the Teflon and Pb washers. Hopefully DLT trading will get a run of no choil slicer models in the future.

Here is some Hinderer action that played out today...

Sanding shaping and grinding..

Test fitting micarta and countersinking screw holes...

Back from bead blast cabinet, blasted all the hardware as well..

All back together, Im going to continue to wax it in hopes of evening out the dark and light spots. But it didn't turn out to bad.

Here is some Hinderer action that played out today...

Sanding shaping and grinding..

Test fitting micarta and countersinking screw holes...

Back from bead blast cabinet, blasted all the hardware as well..

All back together, Im going to continue to wax it in hopes of evening out the dark and light spots. But it didn't turn out to bad.

Excellent work, that scale looks nice! I was thinking of sandblasting the Ti side of mine for a while now, but just haven't had the cajones to do it yet!

Back