Lets see some Hinderer action

Two 3.5” slicers, yet they couldn’t be more distinct.

WRUYBkM.jpg

Nice! What do you think of the skinny slicer? You got a spine shot comparing the two?

Yeah - I am also interested in hearing more 1st hand experience of 3.5 skinny slicer. Pretty close to pulling the trigger...

I think the only knife that could out my ZT 0301 into retirement is a Hinderer 24 skinny, slicer grind M390 no choil. The XM-18 skinny 3.5' does look like an interesting EDC.

Last edited:
I just received a XM-24 spear point yesterday, after wanting one for awhile, I'm not sure if I am going to bling it out. Its perfect the way it is. I might get some bronze washers for it. and a carbon fiber scale would be neat. I still have my awesome 3.5 inch bowie.

Nice! What do you think of the skinny slicer? You got a spine shot comparing the two?

Yeah - I am also interested in hearing more 1st hand experience of 3.5 skinny slicer. Pretty close to pulling the trigger...

They feel almost like two completely different knives. Almost. The Skinny really is a slicer, like a for real slicer. It's as thin behind the edge as many, many Spydercos and the factory edge was the best I've seen from Hinderer. I really like the differences between these two. The Skinny is fast, super slicey, the spine thickness and overall thickness is right on par with a Sebenza. The standard non-Flipper slicer has perfect ergos and feels completely bullet proof, yet not so thick as to be unable to cut well.

Currently these two are my only Hinderers and I love the pair. I will say that, based on my experience with the Skinny Slicer, I suspect the 3.5" Skinny Wharncliffe could be really, really amazing.

Last edited:
They feel almost like two completely different knives. Almost. The Skinny really is a slicer, like a for real slicer. It's as thin behind the edge as many, many Spydercos and the factory edge was the best I've seen from Hinderer. I really like the differences between these two. The Skinny is fast, super slicey, the spine thickness and overall thickness is right on par with a Sebenza. The standard non-Flipper slicer has perfect ergos and feels completely bullet proof, yet not so thick as to be unable to cut well.

Currently these two are my only Hinderers and I love the pair. I will so that, based on my experience with the Skinny Slicer, I suspect the 3.5" Skinny Wharncliffe could be really, really amazing.

Thanks for the reply Halden. I think my next purchase will be a skinny of some flavor!

Last edited:
Back