1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lets see some Hinderer action

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by marcus52AR, Aug 19, 2016.

1. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Can't wait to see it with the black hardware. I've been considering doing the same for my Stonewashed DLC Slicer

atony and Murphjd25 like this.
  2. BuMs

BuMs

Apr 12, 2015
    [​IMG]

JJ_Colt45, rexromic, atony and 4 others like this.
  3. Spikediesel

Spikediesel Spare time SAK builder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 14, 2018
    I put this together this week. I was late to the party and I’m convinced I found the last dealer on the internet with skinny slicers in stock! I promptly sold my no choil Spanto and bought one. Picked up an aftermarket OD green canvas Micarta scale, some copper hardware (thanks to DLT for having skinny copper standoffs) and I’m in love! This is my favorite Hinderer I’ve owned by far.
    [​IMG]

JJ_Colt45, abbazaba, atony and 5 others like this.
  4. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Beautiful! I almost got one of those last Skinny’s, but DLT got me!!

5. Spikediesel

Apr 14, 2018
    Thanks! DLT will get my money too, I've had a fund going for months now for a Gen 6 3.5 no choil slicer, just waiting on them.

abbazaba likes this.
  6. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Very nice! Who'd you get the aftermarket scale from?

7. Spikediesel

Apr 14, 2018
    Thank you! The scale is from Sharp dressed knives, it was my first purchase from him, I like it a lot.

8. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    How does the thickness on it match the original skinny scale, if I may ask?

9. Spikediesel

Apr 14, 2018
    The aftermarket scale is a stock XM 3.5 thickness so it’s .030” thicker than the skinny scale. I had to hand fit all the nuts and the pivot screw. You’d be hard pressed to tell the difference without calipers. Overall thickness of the whole knife now is .5”

[​IMG]

DRLyman likes this.
  10. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

dc50, atony, Spikediesel and 2 others like this.
  11. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JJ_Colt45, Gideons, P2P and 3 others like this.
  12. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Curious... Those of you who have gen 6's - is there a gap between the lockbar insert and the lockbar?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Spikediesel

Apr 14, 2018
    Negative, I’d send it back if it can’t be fitted properly. I’ve had 2 Gen 6’s and one Gen 5 with an insert and none of them have looked like that.
    [​IMG]

rexromic likes this.
  14. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I haven't noticed that issue but I will look at my Gen 6s when I get home and post what I find out.

15. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Mine is not like that either.

16. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Mine is flush as well.

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  17. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Mine is flush, I would return it!

18. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Flush here too

19. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Just got home and checked all 4 Gen 6s are flush fitting no gap at all ... definately looks odd.

20. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Thanks for the quick responses guys. I had a brain fart and it's actually a gen 5 but I agree haven't seen any like this yet! I took out the insert and there appeared to be a burr on the backside that I lapped flat, got it fixed up now!!

JJ_Colt45, Spikediesel and Murphjd25 like this.