Lets see some Hinderer action

SphgPl9.jpg

zJCYavb.jpg

Cant wait to get some black hardware!
Can't wait to see it with the black hardware. I've been considering doing the same for my Stonewashed DLC Slicer

I put this together this week. I was late to the party and I’m convinced I found the last dealer on the internet with skinny slicers in stock! I promptly sold my no choil Spanto and bought one. Picked up an aftermarket OD green canvas Micarta scale, some copper hardware (thanks to DLT for having skinny copper standoffs) and I’m in love! This is my favorite Hinderer I’ve owned by far.
qgb1tHh.jpg

I put this together this week. I was late to the party and I’m convinced I found the last dealer on the internet with skinny slicers in stock! I promptly sold my no choil Spanto and bought one. Picked up an aftermarket OD green canvas Micarta scale, some copper hardware (thanks to DLT for having skinny copper standoffs) and I’m in love! This is my favorite Hinderer I’ve owned by far.
qgb1tHh.jpg
Beautiful! I almost got one of those last Skinny’s, but DLT got me!!

Thanks! DLT will get my money too, I've had a fund going for months now for a Gen 6 3.5 no choil slicer, just waiting on them.

qgb1tHh.jpg

Very nice! Who'd you get the aftermarket scale from?

How does the thickness on it match the original skinny scale, if I may ask?

The aftermarket scale is a stock XM 3.5 thickness so it’s .030” thicker than the skinny scale. I had to hand fit all the nuts and the pivot screw. You’d be hard pressed to tell the difference without calipers. Overall thickness of the whole knife now is .5”

chM6dff.jpg

Curious... Those of you who have gen 6's - is there a gap between the lockbar insert and the lockbar?

i-tm698sq-X3.jpg
i-wWs9FT3-X3.jpg

Negative, I’d send it back if it can’t be fitted properly. I’ve had 2 Gen 6’s and one Gen 5 with an insert and none of them have looked like that.
6NXgOei.jpg

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I had a brain fart and it's actually a gen 5 but I agree haven't seen any like this yet! I took out the insert and there appeared to be a burr on the backside that I lapped flat, got it fixed up now!!

Back