Lets see some Hinderer action

The Herd 3.0.

Sr0kAnt.jpg

Is there such thing as a Gen 1 Half track spanto in M390 or 20CV ? If so where can I find one ? Please and thank you.

It's either that or a Eclipse Gen 2 Harpoon Spanto 20CV for me.

I just can't stand the steel insert and bearings. So I'm in search of the old stuff.

And the Half Track is so damn perfect. In the pocket today with a couple friends. Thanks for the speedy service, @whitty !
Looks great! Happy Half Track day! Love that Stonewashed Spearpoint Blade + red.
So Gen2 vs Gen1.. do you approve?

Mine’ll get here Monday.

Looks great! Happy Half Track day! Love that Stonewashed Spearpoint Blade + red.
So Gen2 vs Gen1.. do you approve?

Mine’ll get here Monday.

Honestly, it's pretty amazing to me how significantly improved the Gen 2 version is. Don't get me wrong, the Gen 1 Half Track was great, but this one is much, much better, both in terms of action, stop pin design integration, and the edge grind. Definitely shows well how much Hinderers keep on improving.

Reactions: KVT
Nope, the Spantos are USA Made Blade exclusives and were not made in the first generation.

Ok. I'd even be ok with spearpoint in m390 or 20cv Gen 1. I prefer crk s35vn.

Maybe I just need to try the Gen 2 half track if I go that route. I really didn't like my Gen 6 xm though.

Just received the Hinderer 24 CF scale , blue pocket clip, lockbar stop and filler tab installed tonight and really like it :thumbsup:
Feels like I just got another 24 lol :D
kapfHIU.jpg

5fxLf0X.jpg

Last edited:
I'll probably buy more than I currently need (just need 1) so that I have one for future purchases as well since they are so scarce. Since I already have a Tri-Way Spanto I'm holding out until Spearpoints drop for my next XM-24 and don't want to wait forever for a scale for it too.

The risk is--depending on what colors/finishes are released I could paint myself into a corner for when I get the knife.

I love the textured CF XM-24 scale - that’s what I’ve got on my Spearpoint. Provides some serious grip for that big handle/knife. Looks good too.
Hoping more grind options are released in the 24 - I’ll grab another. Swedge M390 would be insane, but that’s a super-niche product to begin with, and a niche grind - prolly not going to happen.

New to Hinderer, wanted one for years and finally just got a full-track from the exchange. Beautiful knife, clicks all the boxes for me, size, geometry, steel, large Pivot, internal stop pin, brass washers, etc.

Two questions for the experts, if I may:

1) I put the brass washers in, since this is one reason why I wanted the knife. What loctite should I use on the Pivot ? Don't want to ruin the Ti tool if I ever have to clean the knife (camping, etc). For now, I used a little bit of purple 222MS, and the Pivot screw seems pretty tight to begin with ... of course, time will tell, but maybe you guys can advise before hand.
2) I only rarely use clips. Can I get a fitting filler to space the clip screws sans clip ? Will fillers of other Hinderer knives fit, by any chance ?

Thanks !

Roland.

BLUE loctite, if you're going to use Loctite. And we're not even talking a drop - think just a tiny dab on the end of a broken QTip stick.

BLUE loctite, if you're going to use Loctite. And we're not even talking a drop - think just a tiny dab on the end of a broken QTip stick.

Thanks, KVT. Note that purple is softer than blue, so I should be safe.

Back