Lets see some Hinderer action

I love the textured CF XM-24 scale - that’s what I’ve got on my Spearpoint. Provides some serious grip for that big handle/knife. Looks good too.
Hoping more grind options are released in the 24 - I’ll grab another. Swedge M390 would be insane, but that’s a super-niche product to begin with, and a niche grind - prolly not going to happen.
Textured stonewash is going on my current XM-24 for sure.

However, I would like my next XM-24 to be a battle blue spearpoint. That means if the scales are released and a battle blue textured is part of that release then I kind of get locked in.

^^ Any lock-stick on the Fulltrack? How's the lock-bar tension?
No lock-stick. Maybe 30% engagement or so, lockbar is a little on the strong side, which I can get used to I think, I blame my big thumbs for any issues :)

New to Hinderer, wanted one for years and finally just got a full-track from the exchange. Beautiful knife, clicks all the boxes for me, size, geometry, steel, large Pivot, internal stop pin, brass washers, etc.

Two questions for the experts, if I may:

1) I put the brass washers in, since this is one reason why I wanted the knife. What loctite should I use on the Pivot ? Don't want to ruin the Ti tool if I ever have to clean the knife (camping, etc). For now, I used a little bit of purple 222MS, and the Pivot screw seems pretty tight to begin with ... of course, time will tell, but maybe you guys can advise before hand.
2) I only rarely use clips. Can I get a fitting filler to space the clip screws sans clip ? Will fillers of other Hinderer knives fit, by any chance ?

Thanks !

Roland.

I recommend plumbers tape over loctite, especially on Hinderers, which have longer pivot screws with fine threading. No chance of it getting into the pivot and jacking up the action of the knife.

Reactions: KVT
I do not apply locktite or tape on my hinderer pivots. They are long screws and no need of that. Unless you already experienced the pivot becoming loose over time, why bother?

Some drywalling duty last night:

ivdEuYR.jpg

And a nice new Wicked Edge this morning:

9TLc0UY.jpg

Very nice!!! As usual.

Which WE do you have? Haven’t bit the bullet on one yet, but am planning on it.

I've had mine for over 3 years so it's not the current generation, but I got the Pro Pack 1 and then added the ultrafine and microfine ceramic stones. It's held up amazingly well. I wouldn't ever consider another sharpening system at this point.

Reactions: KVT
I’m starting to see some Ti scales roll into DLT for the Xm-24...haven’t really browsed to see which ones. If anyone was still looking..

Edit- I looked again and they are for the XM-24 Skinny sorry guys!

Last edited:
Thanks! I knew I saw that list somewhere but couldn’t remember where I saw it! I’ll do some investigating.

Edit- so it appears the pivot screw on the 3” is a B-2 and the scale screws on a 3.5” are A-10s....as far as skinny standoffs I found some copper ones but no skinny specific handle nuts. I may have to wait and see if the ranch makes a skinny specific kit..

My understanding is that you need the Skinny specific standoffs (copper at DLT are the only ones I've seen), and you will need to grind down the screws and nuts to length from 3.5 hardware (the 3" is too small a diameter). I haven't done this yet, but @Keyman has.

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a 3" XM-18 slicer, but can't decide on choil or no choil?

What are your preferences and why? I've never handled a Hinderer, closest has been my ZT 0562's.

I find the choil much too small to be a finger choil, especially in the 3". Also, the 3" no choil has about the same cutting edge as a standard 3.5 with choil, making it an obvious preference for me.

Back