Lets see some Hinderer action

Forgive my ignorance but Hinderers website is awful and hasn't been updated in ages.

So the "S" on the flipper tab is only reserved for a "skinny" model and not both a "skinny" and slicer grind?

Yes, the type of grind isn't laser marked on the knife. The "S" means skinny, and "F" means fatty.

I already loved this thing, but it’s just over the top now. :)
qgeOCr2.jpg

Forgive my ignorance but Hinderers website is awful and hasn't been updated in ages.

So the "S" on the flipper tab is only reserved for a "skinny" model and not both a "skinny" and slicer grind?

Yes - Rick's website sucks balls - straight-up.

The (S) is for Skinny and Skinny alone, just like the (F) is for Fatty.

Yes - Rick's website sucks balls - straight-up.

The (S) is for Skinny and Skinny alone, just like the (F) is for Fatty.

Yeah, you'd think for a company that produces and sells $400+ knives you'd have a website that at least has some current info and pics that work..........

^^^ NICE! How you like the non-flipper? Gen6, right?

Yep, had to try one out for myself. Smoothest Triway pivot yet. Absolute guillotine fall-shutter. With the TI front scale and the copper hardware it's feeling pretty damn perfect. I used to have a Gen 4 full TI non-flipper slicer in working finish, which I still kinda miss. The stonewash/copper finish is pretty fantastic in its own right though. And now that the TI scales from Hinderer are milled out it makes it less of a pocket weight, which I really like. It'll definitely be getting some carry.

Reactions: KVT
Yep, had to try one out for myself. Smoothest Triway pivot yet. Absolute guillotine fall-shutter. With the TI front scale and the copper hardware it's feeling pretty damn perfect. I used to have a Gen 4 full TI non-flipper slicer in working finish, which I still kinda miss. The stonewash/copper finish is pretty fantastic in its own right though. And now that the TI scales from Hinderer are milled out it makes it less of a pocket weight, which I really like. It'll definitely be getting some carry.
Sweet. So is the detent pretty much dialed perfect?

Sweet. So is the detent pretty much dialed perfect?

Yeah, it's perfect for a thumbstud. Also, it achieves its level of detent by slightly decreasing the lockbar tension as compared to the flipper version, not by making the detent ball sink less far into the detent hole. Which means that if you wanted the detent stronger, it would be really, really easy to just bend the lockbar slightly further in to strengthen the detent. But I saw no need to do that on mine, I like being able to slow roll it open as well as flick it.

Reactions: KVT
Yeah, it's perfect for a thumbstud. Also, it achieves its level of detent by slightly decreasing the lockbar tension as compared to the flipper version, not by making the detent ball sink less far into the detent hole. Which means that if you wanted the detent stronger, it would be really, really easy to just bend the lockbar slightly further in to strengthen the detent. But I saw no need to do that on mine, I like being able to slow roll it open as well as flick it.
They make a triway slicer non flipper and I will own a triway. Waiting patiently. Glad to hear detent is dialed in.

Nah we gotta push the edge of the super specificness even further! What we really need is a:

'Full TI, Non-Flipper, No-Choil, Skinny, Gen 6/Triway Pivot, 3.5" XM-18 Slicer Grind.' Somebody make it a hashtag.

Back