Lets see some Hinderer action

Balisong!

L7hgDOt.jpg

Question: does anybody else have a problem closing their XM-18 due to lack of space ?

I have a couple of 3.5" XM-18s now (1 Gen5, the others are Gen6), love them all. However, with the Gen5, I had real trouble closing it, my fat thumb I guess. Not hard to modify, there is room under the G10 scale, no need to touch the liner:

_DSC7928_tn-X3.jpg

Anybody else felt they needed to do this ? Thanks,

Roland.

Kind of hard pic to make out. I assume you shaved a bit off the show-side scale’s thumb recess?

Never, ever had an issue before the brand new Skinny 3.0 liner locks, because of the new lock-side scale getting in the way. Don’t have this issue on all previous XMs.

Balisong!

L7hgDOt.jpg
I was going to make a comment on some overly large steel flame gear for the filler tabs, and it got me thinking that space would be a good opportunity for a palindrome.

Also, Hinderer surprises me so often I'm no longer surprised.

Kind of hard pic to make out. I assume you shaved a bit off the show-side scale’s thumb recess?

Never, ever had an issue before the brand new Skinny 3.0 liner locks, because of the new lock-side scale getting in the way. Don’t have this issue on all previous XMs.

Yes. But nice to hear that it's hard to make out :)

Shaved off about 2-3mm of the recess, maybe better to see here:

_DSC7928_b_tn-X2.jpg

No big deal, just wondering if others had the lock access issue, too.

Roland.

What hardware fits the Compact Dauntless?
Well,
XM-18 3" pivot screw:
(A XM-18 3" pivot screw has a thicker head and is just a little bit longer than the original factory pivot screw.)
XM-18 3" nuts and stand offs: work with the Compact Dauntless as is.
XM-18 3" screws are larger in diameter than the original factory Compact Dauntless screws.
(I fixed that by making a custom scale that fit the diameter of the XM-18 3" screws, instead of the smaller diameter Compact Dauntless screws)
Now that I have made the scale, I can change out XM-18 3" hardware at will.

Last edited:
Back