Lets see some Hinderer action

DLT Trading started that the scales are skinny specific. I am really considering purchasing one. The “skinny” model with no choil might be too nice of a combination to pass on.

About 40 minutes left until the 3.5" XM-18 M390 Skinny No Choil Slicer (bit of a mouthful) is released. Seriously considering one

Got mine too! Working finish/Satin with Battleship Grey scale. Couldn't help myself. Now I'd best get to listing some stuff for sale... :D

hinderer-m390-skinny-no-choil-slicer-1145__64755.1564498778.jpg

Last edited:
Am I correct with those numbers of thickness?

xm-18 3.5" skinny slicer: blade: 0.14"; handle: 0.44"
standard xm-18 3.5": blade: 0.16"; handle: 0.53"
ZT 0562: blade: 0.16"; handle: 0.49"

Is it that the scales won't fit the Skinny model? ... or is it that they will just make it slightly wider in your hand?

The Skinny uses a smaller 3” model pivot screw. I’m not sure that screw has enough length when using a standard 3.5” scale. I’m just speculating though.

JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45 Regular xm-18 scales will fit but they are 1-2mm thicker. A lot of people say they can’t tell, but I noticed a slight difference and went with custom scales at the same width of the Skinny scales.

DJC72 DJC72 Yes the Skinny model uses regular xm-18 3” pivot, regular xm-18 3.5 body/scale screws, and the barrel nuts are Skinny specific. I used a 3” black pivot screw on mine and regular 3.5” black body screws.

JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45 Regular xm-18 scales will fit but they are 1-2mm thicker. A lot of people say they can’t tell, but I noticed a slight difference and went with custom scales at the same width of the Skinny scales.

DJC72 DJC72 Yes the Skinny model uses regular xm-18 3” pivot, regular xm-18 3.5 body/scale screws, and the barrel nuts are Skinny specific. I used a 3” black pivot screw on mine and regular 3.5” black body screws.

Thanks for the response ... I know it was said to use a combination of 3" and 3.5" parts and had some skinny specific parts ... but figured the scale would fit ...

Ordered the knives now I'll have to start that wait for 3.5" Skinny scales and hardware to come out.

Somewhat surprised by the listed weight of 5.60 oz.. This makes the Skinny heavier than the listed weight of my knives below. Does this look right to you?

ZT0562CF = 5.45 oz.
XM-18 3.5" Gen 4 Spearpoint = 5.56 oz.
XM-18 3.5" Gen 6 Wharnciffe = 5.35 oz.

Somewhat surprised by the listed weight of 5.60 oz.. This makes the Skinny heavier than the listed weight of my knives below. Does this look right to you?

ZT0562CF = 5.45 oz.

Hard to say - the swedged spear-point and Wharniee have less blade steel in some places (swedge, WC tip, choil), and the thicker Ti on the lock-side shouldn't make much difference. I'll confirm when I put the new one on the scale (DLT just shipped :) ).

ZT0562CF = 5.45 oz.

I show the DLT release of 3.5" Skinnys listed at 4.64 oz.

Well one listed at the 4.64 ...
But others at 5.6 oz ...

Maybe there is a typo on the 5.6 instead of 4.6 ?

ZT0562CF = 5.45 oz.

Hard to say - the swedged spear-point and Wharniee have less blade steel in some places (swedge, WC tip, choil), and the thicker Ti on the lock-side shouldn't make much difference. I'll confirm when I put the new one on the scale (DLT just shipped :) ).

I show the DLT release of 3.5" Skinnys listed at 4.64 oz.

Well one listed at the 4.64 ...
But others at 5.6 oz ...

Maybe there is a typo on the 5.6 instead of 4.6 ?

Sorry about that, guys. They come in 4.7 ounces on the one I just weighed. We are getting it fixed now.

Back