Lets see some Hinderer action

rFVBzWJ.jpg

I like the bowie grind too. My xm-18 bowie is one of my favorite flippers. Its gen 4 but its action rivals my xm-18 skinny slicer.

Good to hear the action is solid. I get different answers everytime on the gen 4 Bowie. I guess I everyone is different.

Love that Bowie Chip! How do you like it?
I'm digging it, it's got pretty decent flipping action and it matches my bag;) Probably get reground if it hangs around very long though...full flat with a more defined swedge looks pretty sweet in my head:cool:

It is a Gen4. Gen3 would have the stop pin on the other side of the pivot and externally held in place by a screw. Gen3's cannot be choil-less due to where the stop pin hits the blade (this is of course the "closed position stop pin", as XM's have blade mounted "open" stop pins). Gen5 would of course have the lock-bar insert, and Gen6 the TriWay pivot.

Gen3 here - note the stop pin location and screw
HVX6jfrh.jpg

EsFQV19h.jpg

muaMlorh.jpg

opiB9srh.jpg

Gen4 for comparison
7POvT05h.jpg

yim5Q8wh.jpg

It is a Gen4. Gen3 would have the stop pin on the other side of the pivot and externally held in place by a screw. Gen3's cannot be choil-less due to where the stop pin hits the blade (this is of course the "closed position stop pin", as XM's have blade mounted "open" stop pins). Gen5 would of course have the lock-bar insert, and Gen6 the TriWay pivot.

Thanks for the info.

So I picked up my first hinderer a couple days ago, Tri Way XM-24 Spanto working finish/battle blue. I found a blue Ti scale at Arizona custom knives, unfortunately not battle blue, but XM-24 Ti scales are hard to come by and I’m digging how it looks.

I was never a Hinderer fan but once I had the XM-24 in my hand I knew I wanted more so in the last couple days I picked up these two on the exchange, yeah I can see this becoming an expensive obsession.

Tri Way XM-18 3.5” Skinny stonewashed black DLC

Tri Way Full Track stonewashed spearpoint

Hopefully this will hold me over for a while, but I’m thinking that’s a no.

Back