Lets see some Hinderer action

working on scale for my 3" xm18 out of walnut took me better part of the day all hand carved/sanded. I'm pretty happy with the fit. now to finish!
fjtdn45.jpg

Would love a Gen 6 bowie non flipper, or a Gen 6 non flipper in general (other than the spearpoints that have already been released).

On another note, regarding the Maximus, if anybody has wondered :) ....

The large RKH PB washers fit. Tight fit (touch the stop pin), but they work well and do make the knife feel a little sturdier, IMHO (eliminate side-2-side play). And I suggest to polish them before use; that knife should be broken in from the get-go.

I've always been attracted to the Maximus, but worried I would cut myself. No more concern with the bayonet grind ...

i-XbmTX5F-X3.jpg

Beautiful RHKs! Wondering How do they carry? Any standout models for EDC that arent pocket anchors? Maybe the Xm18 3" But might be kinda small? I do own a small sebenza 21 and dont find it too small but generally i like bigger folders just not crazy about 5 oz+ of the xm18 3.5" as i think i wouldnt carry it much. What does everyone like about RHK? Been thinking about a skinny but open to all models so sell me on a Hinderer guys.

Beautiful RHKs! Wondering How do they carry? Any standout models for EDC that arent pocket anchors? Maybe the Xm18 3" But might be kinda small? I do own a small sebenza 21 and dont find it too small but generally i like bigger folders just not crazy about 5 oz+ of the xm18 3.5" as i think i wouldnt carry it much. What does everyone like about RHK? Been thinking about a skinny but open to all models so sell me on a Hinderer guys.

You might really like a 3.5” Skinny. Slimmer and lighter and a better slicer than the standard 3.5”, but still full sized. I believe DLT Trading still has quite a few. Sub 5 oz too.

You might really like a 3.5” Skinny. Slimmer and lighter and a better slicer than the standard 3.5”, but still full sized. I believe DLT Trading still has quite a few. Sub 5 oz too.

I wasn't aware that the whole knife is slimmer and lighter I thought "skinny" was just the blade grind so that's very helpful! 4.7 oz is more to my liking.

Definitely a XM18 3.5 skinny. I was kind of anti RHK for the sheer size and bulk of the knife, and the action until I got a hold of the gen 6 skinny.

The action is impeccable and the size makes it a true all around EDC. I find myself grabbing my skinny most days and not even thinking about it.

I hope they come out with some more skinny blade shapes, I know a few vendors are trying to request more blade shapes currently.

In regards to the 3" I have no advice since I like 4.5" handles... my hands are medium but fat fingers so that's the size I need to get 4 fingers on the handle. I sold off all my 3 finger knives, they're just uncomfortable to use for me. But everyone's hands are different, so I don't want to talk you out of it. I would just look at the dimensions and make sure you're ok with the size of the 3" first. Its smaller than a Zt0450 and I sold my 0450 because of my pinky slipping off.

Btw you can't go wrong with DLT, I've bought two knives from them in the last 60 days and they're great. They should have some skinny sheepsfoot and slicers in stock.

Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that the whole knife is slimmer and lighter I thought "skinny" was just the blade grind so that's very helpful! 4.7 oz is more to my liking.

Yeah the dimensions on the blade stock and handle slab thickness are really really close to the Sebenza. Carries very nicely and slices excellently. And still plenty tough and robust.

Definitely a XM18 3.5 skinny. I was kind of anti RHK for the sheer size and bulk of the knife, and the action until I got a hold of the gen 6 skinny.

The action is impeccable and the size makes it a true all around EDC. I find myself grabbing my skinny most days and not even thinking about it.

I hope they come out with some more skinny blade shapes, I know a few vendors are trying to request more blade shapes currently.

In regards to the 3" I have no advice since I like 4.5" handles... my hands are medium but fat fingers so that's the size I need to get 4 fingers on the handle. I sold off all my 3 finger knives, they're just uncomfortable to use for me. But everyone's hands are different, so I don't want to talk you out of it. I would just look at the dimensions and make sure you're ok with the size of the 3" first. Its smaller than a Zt0450 and I sold my 0450 because of my pinky slipping off.

Btw you can't go wrong with DLT, I've bought two knives from them in the last 60 days and they're great. They should have some skinny sheepsfoot and slicers in stock.

Good luck and enjoy!

Yeah the dimensions on the blade stock and handle slab thickness are really really close to the Sebenza. Carries very nicely and slices excellently. And still plenty tough and robust.

Thanks guys very good information! I thought all the XMs were just big and bulky and heavy (haven't seen one in person only pics online and specs) but looks like I'll be going for the 3.5" skinny when I'm ready. I own a zt 0450 and definitely dont want anything smaller so the 3" is out. I don't own a large sebenza yet but it is very high on my list (#1 actually for higher end wants) but good to know that the skinny 3.5 is similarly sized as it will now most likely follow the 21 purchase sometime next year.

Last edited:
My Shipwrecked Ugly Groot XM-24 and Fulltrack that I just got back from Recalcitrantamerican and a side by side comparison of his vision of a battlefield pickup vs the hinderer battlefield pickup Fulltrack.

Need to get some better pics out in the sunlight because the bronze really pops on both knives in natural light.

Back