Lets see some Hinderer action

Then you could go full mongo and offer, for example, XF Skinny (fatty scales w' skinny blade), XS Fatty (skinny scales fatty blade), or my desired XM Skinny (standard scales w' skinny blade).

I wonder if you took a skinny XM18 3.5 and swapped all the hardware to standard XM18 3.5 hardware and a standard blade, if it would work. I'm betting it would.

My first Half Track (and its matching XM)
LHXP9Cb.jpg
mK1yl33.jpg
AIN5Rvz.jpg
XPI78Zl.jpg

I had created a thread asking the same question but didn’t get any responses I was wondering if anyone in here had experience with the pros and cons between brass or anodized bronze titanium hardware. Does the anodized bronze wear off? I’m leaning towards brass because it’s cheaper and I can patina it. I definitely don’t like the shiny new brass look. I do prefer the look of the bronze titanium though. I’ll be adding it to an XM 18 OD green skinny slicer

the Hinderer brass hardware looks nice ... and will patina ... but it is soft and I've seen a lot strip them ... so use care and good bits ...

the battle bronze I have a few sets it's been great so far ... just wiping the knife off after a day in my pocket I haven't seen discoloration or wear yet ... I don't carry the same knife everyday ... so it will take longer but naturally anodizing will wear eventually if it's carried and used.

not great lighting but may give you an idea ...

my apology ... I posted the wrong picture in a hurry this is copper hardware new ... I'll try to find the picture with brass hardware ...
2018-12-24 09.30.08.jpg
Battle bronze carried some ...
20190321_115223_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I had created a thread asking the same question but didn’t get any responses I was wondering if anyone in here had experience with the pros and cons between brass or anodized bronze titanium hardware. Does the anodized bronze wear off? I’m leaning towards brass because it’s cheaper and I can patina it. I definitely don’t like the shiny new brass look. I do prefer the look of the bronze titanium though. I’ll be adding it to an XM 18 OD green skinny slicer

I use brass or copper factory hardware on most of my Hinderers (at least 8 folders) and I’ve never had any issues. Just use good, quality tools that fit the hardware properly (Wiha) and don’t over torque.

Google searched and I couldn't find any specs on the vintage specific hardware but I did find out the 01 tool steel is 65HRC which is really impressive... I had no idea.

Seeing as how there is no patina it could very well be titanium but I didnt see any specs on that so it could very well be full bronze as well.

I dont know my metallurgy enough to eye it but I can say it's probably not brass because it never had a shimmer to it.

Last edited:
Google searched and I couldn't find any specs on the vintage specific hardware but I did find out the 01 tool steel is 65HRC which is really impressive... I had no idea.

Seeing as how there is no patina it could very well be titanium but I didnt see any specs on that so it could very well be full bronze as well.

I dont know my metallurgy enough to eye it but I can say it's probably not brass because it never had a shimmer to it.

The hardware on the Vintage 3" and 3.5" folders is heat anodized steel.

Switched out my Antiqued clip and bronze filler tab and Just added a flamed clip and filler tab to my Skinny :thumbsup:
I’ve had a few over the years and these are the nicest ones . Really nice blue and purple flames and well proportioned. Big thanks to DLT for hooking me up!
w3INSa8.jpg

6eDvK7F.jpg

My first gen 6 the DLT fullered Spearpoint. I have to say the opening action is incredible but the closing and disengagement of the lockbar is a big down grade from the gen 4. Too much lockbar tension. The lockbar insert improves the knife 0% shoulda left it how it was instead of letting the know nothings influence your work. I’ve yet to feel a lockbar insert that feels as good disengagening as the carbidized hinderers. Fixed a nonexistent perceived issue. Still like though wanna put the nylon washers in but I’m too lazy plus don’t want to find out if these center with no play easily haha. Also noticed a squeaking noise coming from I guess the detent ball
BD289CB8-F41D-4681-804B-227931D30B3A.jpeg
C7CFBA3C-BDF3-4C5D-AE84-F09EE2297B2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back