Lets see some Hinderer action

My first gen 6 the DLT fullered Spearpoint. I have to say the opening action is incredible but the closing and disengagement of the lockbar is a big down grade from the gen 4. Too much lockbar tension. The lockbar insert improves the knife 0% shoulda left it how it was instead of letting the know nothings influence your work. I’ve yet to feel a lockbar insert that feels as good disengagening as the carbidized hinderers. Fixed a nonexistent perceived issue. Still like though wanna put the nylon washers in but I’m too lazy plus don’t want to find out if these center with no play easily haha. Also noticed a squeaking noise coming from I guess the detent ball
View attachment 1240501
View attachment 1240502
Shame on you for blanket statements. I’ve got a ton of Gen6 knifes with perfect action.
Sounds like you got a bum knife or a knife in need of adjustment.

My first gen 6 the DLT fullered Spearpoint. I have to say the opening action is incredible but the closing and disengagement of the lockbar is a big down grade from the gen 4. Too much lockbar tension. The lockbar insert improves the knife 0% shoulda left it how it was instead of letting the know nothings influence your work. I’ve yet to feel a lockbar insert that feels as good disengagening as the carbidized hinderers. Fixed a nonexistent perceived issue. Still like though wanna put the nylon washers in but I’m too lazy plus don’t want to find out if these center with no play easily haha. Also noticed a squeaking noise coming from I guess the detent ball
View attachment 1240501
View attachment 1240502

it stinks that you are having problems ... but I have to say I have several Gen 6s ... including the fullered spearpoint model ... and not one has any of the issues you listed in the slightest ... if I were you I would return it for another ... you must have received a bad example.

Z1JOrmG.jpg

4HdWeio.jpg

wln948t.jpg

JSXGKum.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if updated Jurassic's and Eklipse's are coming out? I just noticed all of the Jurassic models and the one orange Eklipse that have been languishing on DLT for quite some time have been removed or 'sold out'. Coincidence...? Hmm

I read through this entire thread over the past few weeks. The day I started I had ordered a stonewashed skinny sheepsfoot XM-18 3.5. I have that now and have since ordered a stonewashed Ranch Bowie and an investigator pen, which are waiting for the Canadian Boarder Security Agency to release them (both items are legal up here so it's only a matter of time). Can't wait! I am actually a little disappointed to have reached the end of the thread though...

I read through this entire thread over the past few weeks. The day I started I had ordered a stonewashed skinny sheepsfoot XM-18 3.5. I have that now and have since ordered a stonewashed Ranch Bowie and an investigator pen, which are waiting for the Canadian Boarder Security Agency to release them (both items are legal up here so it's only a matter of time). Can't wait! I am actually a little disappointed to have reached the end of the thread though...
Lol, I'm going through the whole thread too :) I started from the end and moving to the beginning just starting yesterday. On page 180 right now.
View attachment 1241029 View attachment 1241030 and just got my first Hinderer today. A no choil DLT exclusive XM-18 3" SW DLC.

Last edited:
Lol, I'm going through the whole thread too :) I started from the end and moving to the beginning just starting yesterday. On page 180 right now.
View attachment 1241029 View attachment 1241030 and just got my first Hinderer today. A no choil DLT exclusive XM-18 3" SW DLC.
I started going in reverse order first, but had a hard time following a few of the conversations, so I started again from the beginning:D

Does anyone know if full ti scales will become available for the skinny’s any time soon?

No sir.. I've been waiting. even hardware is impossible to come by. I hope inventory loosens up. Let me know if you find anything and vice versa. ps; i know people have ground down the full size scales so that's an option too

I have the same knife...... congrats, it's my week day edc.... amazing knife

Back