Lets see some Hinderer action

If you look at this thread, the full size Eklipse appears to be the most underrated Hinderer. I love it ...

i-Tc8GRhn-X3.jpg

What am I looking at ? Ti Bolster ?

Sort of..the Bolster and liner are all one piece. I started with a full Ti scale replacement and basically belt sanded and filed the lower portion for the G10 to go. The portion under the blue G10 is actually thicker than a regular liner so its nice and strong.
I didnt care for the blue configuration above, so I have reused the modified scale in this current project...mock-up below..:cool:
I love the green micarta, and I have incorporated an area in the handle for a swiss army toothpick or firefly fire-starter. Should be done with this one in a few days if all goes well.
mIU4kDXl.jpg

S2PLBAjl.jpg

If this mod takes off in popularity, we'll call it the Feca10ne Mod:rolleyes:...ok..."firefly mod" it is.:D

Last edited:
Sort of..the Bolster and liner are all one piece. I started with a full Ti scale replacement and basically belt sanded and filed the lower portion for the G10 to go. The portion under the blue G10 is actually thicker than a regular liner so its nice and strong.
I didnt care for the blue configuration above, so I have reused the modified scale in this current project...mock-up below..:cool:
I love the green micarta, and I have incorporated an area in the handle for a swiss army toothpick or firefly fire-starter. Should be done with this one in a few days if all goes well.
mIU4kDXl.jpg

S2PLBAjl.jpg

If this mod takes off in popularity, we'll call it the Feca10ne Mod:rolleyes:...ok..."firefly mod" it is.:D

That's awesome.

I'm really hoping for a Triway Skinny, sheepsfoot or slicer. Love the 0392 (older pic)

cEkaYnu.jpg

9tbLAyd.jpg

I have both: I carry the sheepsfoot most work days because of the stone wash but the DLC is still great, I guess I'm just afraid it won't hold up as well.

I am waiting for another skinny blade style to be released too, I'm hoping for a battle black spear point skinny or Bowie!

1jpt5plh.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really loving that Eclipse 3.0. Guy at the knife store the other day was showing it off to me, and now its on my mind. I love when makers do a frame lock with scales on both sides of the knife.
Also like that the ti sticks out from the scales. Beautiful knife. I would prefer if it were 3.5" myself, and no harpoon.
But Im also looking for that Sparrow XM now, and a used Half track Wharnie.

And I don't want to sell anything else to make funds either :) Quite the pickle.

On a different note:

Anybody use 3rd party skull/colt/etc. pocket clips, that - I'm guessing - are all made in China (check aliexpress), but resold by several US and Canada sellers ? How do they look from the back ? Rivets or welds ?

Thanks.

Is there any dealer that still sells xm-18 3.5" black DLC skinny slicer choil or no choil? I don't like the fuller version.

Is there any dealer that still sells xm-18 3.5" black DLC skinny slicer choil or no choil? I don't like the fuller version.

I'm a choil guy and skinny child are pretty rare now. DLC has the no choil in battle black and DLC still I belive. If you really want REK will cut you a choil too. I havent done it but he has offered so it's a reality if you want... Enjoy, amazing knive .

Im a proud Papa! Finished my Hinderer project and now its going in my pocket to live as a daily EDC! :cool:

Hinderer Gen6 fullered spear running on enlarged PB washers
Silica blasted and brushed inside and out
Titanium scale modified by stock removal, one piece bolster and extra thick liner with OD green micarta half-scale
Green tritium window
"Firefly" modification - ferrocerium rod fire starter with Glo tip -:thumbsup:

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/hvqsWnF

9aE4v20l.jpg

kryzW6Bl.jpg

F81IZcil.jpg

tRGFu5il.jpg

^^^
Very nice ! I was wondering in your other post what that groove was for ... cool idea.

that's pretty impressive

Thanks guys! Im really happy with it. well...minus the Gen6 thing. (my first Gen6)
I think Hinderer ruined a good thing going to bearings on this particular knife.
I battled for hours trying to rid this thing of slop and play after switching out the bearings for the provided pb washers. I finally found relief going with an over-sized PB washer! The over sized washers cover the metal spacers and stabilize the blade. Now she feels like a Gen5! Much better.
liU1Hq3l.jpg

Back