Lets see some Hinderer action

0dc23a9174c89050d3934b640ae3a347.jpg

Can somebody remind me, please:

I remember seeing somewhere here on BF that Hinderer O1 tested quite hard (HRC), but can't find the post anymore. Anybody ?

Thanks,

Roland.

Here's my Vintage XM 3" and 3.5" duo. I carry the 3" more often b/c it has a smaller pocket profile, but the 3.5" has a low series number and it was love at first site when they were first released. I've noticed that some of the hardware on the 3.5" is not bronzed/colored like it is on the 3" - anyone else run into this, or was it a symptom of the initial release?
Hinderer XM-18  Vintage V0022-V0680(1).JPG Hinderer XM-18  Vintage V0022-V0680(3).JPG

Can somebody remind me, please:

I remember seeing somewhere here on BF that Hinderer O1 tested quite hard (HRC), but can't find the post anymore. Anybody ?

Thanks,

Roland.

I read on a vendor site that RHK 01 was getting as high 64 HRC but I don't remember which vendor sorry.

Edit: found it on GPKnives site: https://www.gpknives.com/hinderer-r...es-walnut-parkarized-o1-fixed-blade-0717.html

It says 58-60HRC but it states 01 tool steel in general can get as high as 65HRC, it didn't claim RHK's 01 got that high and then below in the specs you can see 58-60HRC.

Screenshot_20200303-112824_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my Vintage XM 3" and 3.5" duo. I carry the 3" more often b/c it has a smaller pocket profile, but the 3.5" has a low series number and it was love at first site when they were first released. I've noticed that some of the hardware on the 3.5" is not bronzed/colored like it is on the 3" - anyone else run into this, or was it a symptom of the initial release?
View attachment 1295526 View attachment 1295527

My 3.5 Vintage Bowie was all bronzed hardware. I sold it and consolidated my RHK collection down to all Skinny, I miss it already.

For those who have battle black XM-18s, how do you like the finish? I am hesitating between battle black and stonewash (and to make it more complicated, also black DLC).

Also, any dealer still has 3.5" xm-18 skinny slicers (choil or no choil does not matter)? I can only find battle black skinny slicers on DLT website but that's about it.

Back