Lets see some Hinderer action

So I did a thing...

GR98O8m.jpg

This knife is amazing. Flips beautifully, so smooth, but it does have some lock stick. Been using a little sharpie on it, and have been cycling it. Not my first foray with stick, and it usually clears up in some time. I'll see how it goes. Love this thing though!

So I did a thing...

GR98O8m.jpg

This knife is amazing. Flips beautifully, so smooth, but it does have some lock stick. Been using a little sharpie on it, and have been cycling it. Not my first foray with stick, and it usually clears up in some time. I'll see how it goes. Love this thing though!

Nice!! That thing is beautiful

Nice!! That thing is beautiful

Thanks! I was concerned for a while because the lock stick got so bad it was almost impossible to unlock. I cleaned it up with alcohol and a cotton swab and then put a dab of oil on the detent ball and now there is no stick! It is perfect now, and I love it. Put a little loctite on the pivot as well since it liked to back out after a few flips.

Can't wait to try out the pb washers later, but I'm diggin the bearings.

1ShG68c.jpg

Thanks! I was concerned for a while because the lock stick got so bad it was almost impossible to unlock. I cleaned it up with alcohol and a cotton swab and then put a dab of oil on the detent ball and now there is no stick! It is perfect now, and I love it. Put a little loctite on the pivot as well since it liked to back out after a few flips.

Can't wait to try out the pb washers later, but I'm diggin the bearings.

1ShG68c.jpg
I run bearings on all mine, I dont see it making any huge issues. I'm not using it to mine Ore or anything. I'm surprised,

I run bearings on all mine, I dont see it making any huge issues. I'm not using it to mine Ore or anything. I'm surprised,

I just want to see how it feels with a different system. I do work outside a lot in dirty and dusty conditions and have had bearings get very gritty before. I'm perfectly happy waiting until I need to disassemble it for cleaning to swap though, I'm enjoying the smoothness!

For my part I'm totally in love with the Skinny. After the scarcity of available knives last spring I felt very lucky to grab a Skinny No-Choil Slicer off the Exchange back in June which I posted here a few times over the summer. That one only whetted my appetite for a Skinny Sheepsfoot and I couldn't resist when one popped up on the Exchange a couple weeks ago. I didn't dislike the black G10 scale, but have lusted for Hinderer red G10 for a while and used some DLT rewards points to discount one straight away. Here's a little before and after look from our place in Vermont, having picked up the knife and scale from our local PO as we left the Cape.

c7QUmR7.jpg

8dL3zRD.jpg

Here it is up north again with the Skinny Slicer...

wREbGzN.jpg

...and here at home sporting the lanyard and bead I added not long after the pics above.

7FlPmut.jpg

I still appreciate the substantial feel of my other full thickness RHKs, but the Skinny's feel good in hand to me too, are great in pocket, and I appreciate their better slicey-ness.

sharp_edge sharp_edge , I kinda like the finish of the SS screws against the red G10, but the brass on yours looks pretty sweet too. Will you keep that polished or let it patina?

Back