Lets see some Hinderer action

One of my favorite Hinderers, felt as made from Unobtainium .... Thanks to Ironbut Ironbut for passing it on.

i-fB4D6tj-X2.jpg

Roland.

K KVT don't you love the Talon grips !
I’ve tried the course like your running but it was tearing up my shirts since I carry IWB “in the waste band”. Love the feel though in hand but I had to settle for the rubber.

K KVT don't you love the Talon grips !
I’ve tried the course like your running but it was tearing up my shirts since I carry IWB “in the waste band”. Love the feel though in hand but I had to settle for the rubber.

I do love it - so I use the newer 'PRO' stuff (as pictured) which is in between the sandpaper course and the regular rubber. I had to stop with the course for the same reasons.

Have you tried the PRO line? It is awesome. You need to give it a shot - best of both worlds.

I will say the newer stuff from Talon really seems like they've nailed the adesive too. 10 years ago when I used to run the regular rubber, the adhesive sucked, no matter the prep and post-application heat. This new stuff really stays put, and really sticks to itself as well.

FVrjG3z.jpg

Last edited:
K KVT I haven’t tried the PRO line but I will definitely next time. Thanks brother !!
I agree the adhesive now is so much better then years ago and they really upped there game. If I had a corner start coming up and I caught it in time I could just heat it up with a blow drier and it would like reactivate the adhesive and was good to go again :thumbsup:

Reactions: KVT
Hey guys I just purchased my first hinderer and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I’m curious when the knife was made or what generation. Also what are the tools needed to break down the knife completely it’s a 3 inch harpoon tanto(pics from the sale page It’s currently in transit to me) thanks for any information!
LuOFJ8y.jpg

Thanks! I was concerned for a while because the lock stick got so bad it was almost impossible to unlock. I cleaned it up with alcohol and a cotton swab and then put a dab of oil on the detent ball and now there is no stick! It is perfect now, and I love it. Put a little loctite on the pivot as well since it liked to back out after a few flips.

Can't wait to try out the pb washers later, but I'm diggin the bearings.

1ShG68c.jpg
Some knives are like women you just have to massage them the right way and they’ll make you happy :D
Congrats beautiful Knife !​

Some knives are like women you just have to massage them the right way and they’ll make you happy :D
Congrats beautiful Knife !​
Thanks! It's been in my pocket every day so far! I have reprofiled the edge (17 degrees per side, more or less, convexed) and she slices like a champ!

Thanks! It's been in my pocket every day so far! I have reprofiled the edge (17 degrees per side, more or less, convexed) and she slices like a champ!
Edge pro or wicked edge ?
Hinderers like 17 degrees I’ve heard :thumbsup:

Hey guys I just purchased my first hinderer and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I’m curious when the knife was made or what generation. Also what are the tools needed to break down the knife completely it’s a 3 inch harpoon tanto(pics from the sale page It’s currently in transit to me) thanks for any information!
LuOFJ8y.jpg

It's most likely a Gen 3.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ions-history-and-general-information.1025624/

Hinderer makes a tool that has the correct size standard screwdriver, spanner, and Allen wrench, but it's kinda pricey.
https://www.dlttrading.com/hinderer-armorer-tool-stainless-steel

You probably already have a standard screwdriver & set of Allen wrenches. You can usually find a spanner bit at a hardware store or if not, from that on-line retailer with the big river name.

Back