Lets see some Hinderer action

jyef0oz.jpg

Best shot I could get of my freehand edge at almost 4am! Don't think I've posted my xm-24... I'll have to do that...
Looking good brother nice job :thumbsup:

Ya I noticed that too. Haha, I tightened it up and put it away. The copper doesn't hold up quite as well as I thought it would, ive had screws strip and loosen up nonstop. They look so good though.
I know what you're sayin' about adding copper--it looks great, but ya gotta be care-ful with it. I added copper to my Half Track right after getting home from hip replacement surgery a couple years back--all dopey and fumbly--and damn near stripped all the screws. I got away with it, though, and really liked it all shiny and new then...

ovQzF4i.jpg

...as well as all tarnished like it is now.

6Ijv7Pv.jpg

In today's news, I carried the first of my two Skinny's today and posted pics of my No-Choil Slicer over at the EDC Thread earlier. I've got a couple more from today so I'll post 'em here.

qtIxiYJ.jpg

0GEmULt.jpg

This may not be worth a new thread but is it true that Hinderer XM-18s are usually not as sharp as brands like Spyderco and Cold Steel out of factory? I can run my fingers along the belly/tip portions of the edges of the three XM-18s that I recently purchased without worrying about being cut.

I've always wanted a full ti XM-18.... some day maybe a skinny ti scale will drop.
The TI scales are awesome! I recently scored the smooth working finish Ti scale for my 3.5” spear point. I had the black dlc ti scale on there before. With all working finish hardware. It looked cool with the black dlc, but I think the all working looks best on this one. I wasn’t sure about the smooth finish until I tried it. With the jumping on the XM knives, they are plenty grippy with smooth or textured scales. Now if I could only find a battle green TI scale for my XM24!!

This may not be worth a new thread but is it true that Hinderer XM-18s are usually not as sharp as brands like Spyderco and Cold Steel out of factory? I can run my fingers along the belly/tip portions of the edges of the three XM-18s that I recently purchased without worrying about being cut.

My sheepsfoot was very sharp out of the box, my slicer not so much. I believe I would compare the blade grind to your other sharper knives, Hinderer uses a flat grind and you may be comparing to a hollow grind. Blade geometry & thickness probably has a part in that too, most hinderers are not skinny blades, even my skinnies are thicker than many blades I own.

Last edited:
The TI scales are awesome! I recently scored the smooth working finish Ti scale for my 3.5” spear point. I had the black dlc ti scale on there before. With all working finish hardware. It looked cool with the black dlc, but I think the all working looks best on this one. I wasn’t sure about the smooth finish until I tried it. With the jumping on the XM knives, they are plenty grippy with smooth or textured scales. Now if I could only find a battle green TI scale for my XM24!!

I've been eyeing ti scales for my Hinderer XM-18 3.5s. So they will perfectly fit, correct? With the liner removed I'd imagine the margin of errors must be kept to a minimal level, if any.

I've been eyeing ti scales for my Hinderer XM-18 3.5s. So they will perfectly fit, correct? With the liner removed I'd imagine the margin of errors must be kept to a minimal level, if any.
Buy authentic hinderer parts. The TI scales replaces your g10 scale and liner. The fit will be perfect

Back