Lets see some Hinderer action

Great replies y'all. Thanks! That battle bronze is such a dead on match for the FDE, and the working finish isn't as dark as I was expecting. I think it makes sense to wait for some battle bronze hardware to come up.

Just received an Eklipse gen 3 Bowie from Southern edge. Beautiful knife that is perfect in every way. One thing I did not realize is the thickness behind the edge. I do not have the precise equipment to measure it but just going by my finger feeling, I think it could be as thin as that of the XM-18 3.5" skinny slicer. Will upload some pictures later.

25271-B12-AD89-40-A6-A97-D-D64-E3-F65883-D.jpg

Hey thanks! Yeah I did the flipper delete with an angle grinder, dremel and lots of water for cooling. Some days I like it and others I regret doing it. Anyway, welcome aboard!

I own the bowie your showing, did you remove your flipper yourself ! looks grate, I just recently became a hinderer fanboy, its one tuff knife.

Just received an Eklipse gen 3 Bowie from Southern edge. Beautiful knife that is perfect in every way. One thing I did not realize is the thickness behind the edge. I do not have the precise equipment to measure it but just going by my finger feeling, I think it could be as thin as that of the XM-18 3.5" skinny slicer. Will upload some pictures later.

Interesting... I love my skinnies, I may need an eklipse now

Are the backspacers for the Skinny 3,5 different from the normal ones?
I found a bag of spacers marked 3,5 while I was cleaning around the house, but they lack the little "point" the spacers on my "normal" one have.

No idea where, or when I bought them.

Are the backspacers for the Skinny 3,5 different from the normal ones?
I found a bag of spacers marked 3,5 while I was cleaning around the house, but they lack the little "point" the spacers on my "normal" one have.

No idea where, or when I bought them.

Can you show a photo ? Skinny and non-Skinny Sheepsfoot are different from the "normal" XM-18.

These look like non-sheep's-foot XM-18 spacers, could be Skinny, normal or Fatty, depending on the size. Sheep's-foot has different scale screws and spacers (similar to Eklipse), I always guessed to make room for the blade-tip.

Had a handle screw break off on me yesterday while cleaning my xm-18. Not very happy about it. Anyone know if I can replace it or not? Local hardware store didn't have any screws that match.

These look like non-sheep's-foot XM-18 spacers, could be Skinny, normal or Fatty, depending on the size. Sheep's-foot has different scale screws and spacers (similar to Eklipse), I always guessed to make room for the blade-tip.
Hmm. I've got a Skinny as well, but I left it at work.
Has to be for that one, can't imagine why I would have spacers for a knife I don't own :p

Had a handle screw break off on me yesterday while cleaning my xm-18. Not very happy about it. Anyone know if I can replace it or not? Local hardware store didn't have any screws that match.

A set of three XM-18 handle screws cost $12, which you can find on my dealers' sites. It should be very easy to replace. If the broken piece gets stuck in the nut, you may need to buy a set of three handle nuts (also $12). Or maybe take this opportunity to buy and install some anodized ti hardware of your choice. :)

Back