Lets see some Hinderer action

Pretty rough picture but my spearpoint with full working finish just arrived today. I've owned three XM-18s in the past and for one reason or another they never really clicked. The last one, a slicer, had a very soft detent that tended to open in my pocket unless the pivot was tight. The detent on the latest generation is perfect! Flips great and very smooth. Everything about this knife is perfect!! More beef than my CRK Insingo so it will be a great complement for more hard use.

I have also been looking for a knife that I customize slightly with different stand-offs, clips, etc. I plan on going to either copper or bronze hardware in the future but for right now the adjustment is so perfect that I will just enjoy it as-is while it breaks in more.

IMG_1333_zpsjt72uift.jpg

Looking good, happy to hear you found one that works for you.

I've had both the brass and copper standoffs and I ended up going with the copper.

I'd like to get a copper liner for my slicer, getting married in a couple of months so all of my fun money is tied up for..... .. .. ever?

LOL... getting married does change things. My wife is retired and I deposit money into her own account every check so she can spend it on whatever she wants without having to clear it with me. What that really means is that enables me to spend what I want also :)

I do have money set aside to do cover all the options including a Ti scale but now I'm liking the blue-black G10 so much I'll probably keep that and just do the copper.

Haha im mostly joking, she's really quite understanding of my blade affliction. Except she did have a few choice words when I bought a shirogorov. All joking aside, she is the best!

I have been eyeing the TI textured scales too but I really like the cf one that I have.

Those Skinners look awesome, I'm going to get a XM-24 Skinner next, just need to save up a little more. I spent my knife fund for the month, ordered a bronze anodized ZT 0562CF from Whitty and a new Stainless steel pocket clip for my Bowie XM-18. I dinged the blue clip against a rock I bumped into, while rappelling.

3.5" spearpoint XM-18 reground and converted to a spanto by Josh. Slices awesome now!

438feccdcef57529a399109d6e9b851c.jpg

2617c4dada3f0216c6dab94080a03517.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve, yours look awesome! I never thought a Spearpoint could be made into a Spanto. Good job from Josh.

My small collection of Hinderers

27556642296_0f1ae8fcfd_b.jpg

Josh from Razor Edge reginded this XM-24 Skinner of mine. It is an excellent slicer. This is my favorite Hinderer.

27556646386_cd3e7968de_b.jpg

26981990833_59d2c7cbae_b.jpg

Don

Last edited:
My small collection of Hinderers

27556642296_0f1ae8fcfd_b.jpg

Josh from Razor Edge reginded this XM-24 Skinner of mine. It is an excellent slicer. This is my favorite Hinderer.

27556646386_cd3e7968de_b.jpg

26981990833_59d2c7cbae_b.jpg

Don

That skinner looks badass after the regrind! Feels kind of Bowie-like in the pics now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back