Lets see some Hinderer action

Thanks for the fantastic service Whitty! I asked for dark battle blue, you gave me dark battle blue. Love the scale man! Waiting on some black hardware still but i think the bronze looks ok for now.
2fcc618fd0d836c520290d57df096fa7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I received my working finish harpoon spanto a few days ago from Usamadeblade. Great service as always! It has a strong detent and is smoothing out nicely. I own 6 Hinderer's now and this one is definitely my favorite. Already dreaming of my next Hinderer.

My only concern , The pivot/blade fit was so tight that it needed was a chore to slide the blade off of it. The pivot screw also was a pain to remove and screw back in. I was really worried at first but my harpoon spanto seems to working perfectly now.

Quick question for you all. Was the HMBS ever done in a working finish for the 3.5"? I'm looking for any of the accessories and can't find'em and I'm wondering if I'm looking for something that doesn't exist.
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the fantastic service Whitty! I asked for dark battle blue, you gave me dark battle blue. Love the scale man! Waiting on some black hardware still but i think the bronze looks ok for now.
2fcc618fd0d836c520290d57df096fa7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the very nice comments. That combo looks really freaking good together!

Hello guys, question about the XM-18 3.5 flipper : i'm trying to have a good balance between centering the blade and a smooth and fast opening with the flipper. As it is now, if i want to deploy the blade with the flipper, I need to add a little wrist action. I am very used to ball bearings flippers so perhaps I'm asking too much ? So is this normal for a XM, or is it possible with a fine tuning to have a perfect centering, no blade play AND a smooth flipping action ?

Hello guys, question about the XM-18 3.5 flipper : i'm trying to have a good balance between centering the blade and a smooth and fast opening with the flipper. As it is now, if i want to deploy the blade with the flipper, I need to add a little wrist action. I am very used to ball bearings flippers so perhaps I'm asking too much ? So is this normal for a XM, or is it possible with a fine tuning to have a perfect centering, no blade play AND a smooth flipping action ?
What gen? Some require a lil tweaking but all mine center and are great flippers.

https://youtu.be/vrGpuoIxcmQ

https://youtu.be/J_c2w218OzE
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I noticed on my satin skinner there appears to be some slight "issue" near the edge where the satin appears "discolored" or smudged or whatever. I've cleaned the blade and was just curious if this is normal or not.

sMLHguyh.jpg

I noticed on my satin skinner there appears to be some slight "issue" near the edge where the satin appears "discolored" or smudged or whatever. I've cleaned the blade and was just curious if this is normal or not.

sMLHguyh.jpg
Could it be the slight polishing that occurs when they hit the edge with the buffer during their sharpening process? If so, it is normal. The polishing occurs up the grind a bit.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

My factory red scale came in today. Installed it on my non flipper slicer. I'm in quite the positive mood about it :)

sMLHguyh.jpg
My two tone skinner has that as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My two tone skinner has that as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Okay cool, then I'm no longer worried, because otherwise this knife is beautiful and I love it. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue with heat treatment or anything.

Back