Lets see some M43's

I'd like to see some pics of everyone's M43's!

I'm waiting on one to arrive in this months shipment, so I'm still looking for more and more pictures to drool over while I patiently wait.

Incidentily, I started working on a leather holster, but got to teh cutting part and decided to wait - I'm going to make the holster for the M43 I think.

I'm waiting on one to arrive in this months shipment, so I'm still looking for more and more pictures to drool over while I patiently wait.

Been waiting since last Dec.
Hopefully Auntie has some...

They are well worth the wait:) It's one of my favorite designs. I don't have a pic of mine with me, but I love mine. I bought mine when I got a promotion at work a few years ago. it was a little gift to myself. It's also the knife I used to cut the wood we used for a camp a camp out the night before my wedding. That particular khuk now lives next to the bed as my bump in the night knife, slumbering peacefully in a form fitting sheath I made for it:)

Been waiting since last Dec.
Hopefully Auntie has some...

When I ordered and paid for mine last month, she had said in April's shipment... so I would think relatively soon.

Good looking unit there oldschool45, well used and well loved it appears!

This is now in another member's possession but oh how much I loved the look of this one after I prettied up the wood:

P1040649.jpg

P1040640.jpg

Oh and the balance! Let's not forget the amazing balance!
P1040396.jpg

And here's mine, the photo's are by previous owner sweet, I just was lucky to be in the right place at the right time to get it from him. :)

HIM-43ownedbyBenSweethi1-7.jpg

Made Sher the Tiger Kami, 17.5inches and 27ounces with Antler grips.

HIAntlerhandleM43175inch27ouncebySh.jpg

A real beauty!

beautiful pieces!

I think the M43 might be one of the best designs ever. While trying to design something, I keeep finding reasons notto do it the way I was planning, and end up reworking it and I find I keep coming back to something like the M43!

Snow and Steel,

The M43, or more accurately the MKII, was the longest running issued military kukri. It was issued at a time when firearms were not that common and it was a very important weapon and tool to those that carried it. You can bet that other designs were around and even that design was tinkered with. The end result is the MKII, part machete, part kukri; its a knife, its a tool and it is a weapon. When done correctly, it is perfectly balanced and comes alive in your hand.

Comparatively, the kukri today is more of an after thought and a symbol. It is a utility field knife but back then, people's lives depended on it. Good luck on your search!

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era shortwinger - I'm with you 100%.

Good loking pictures everyone! lets keep them coming!

This is probably the most original picture that I have: good ol' Rufus chopping away in the kitchen:
4308631387_c0d3b24375_b.jpg

Last edited:
My brother's M43 next to my first Chitlangi; both are made by Kami Sher The Tiger:
HPIM0770.jpg

My M43:
M4312-21-09.jpg

Back