1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Let's see some pictures!

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by allenC, May 13, 2008.

1. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    I see what you did there. I'm digging that Indian mug too. :thumbsup:

2. evanofcain

evanofcain

Feb 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

Zephyr One/Zero and jmh33 like this.
  3. evanofcain

evanofcain

Feb 14, 2012
  4. E40

E40 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Here is my well worn SAK. I am not even sure what model it is, but I have had it for quite some time. I carry it when I go hunting instead of my regular pocket knife.
    IMG_1391 1.jpg

5. emperorwang

emperorwang

Nov 16, 2008
    I believe that is a Wenger Teton!

E40 likes this.
  6. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  7. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    redsparrow and jmh33 like this.
  8. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 22, 2019
    Very new to multi tools. I want one. Been looking st the leatherman or the ones that can be plairs I mean. Any recommendations?

9. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Grateful, redsparrow and jmh33 like this.
  10. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    There are a number of possibilities in the Leatherman line. It just depends on how-many tools you actually require. I prefer the medium-sized Wave Plus for all my needs. I would recommend, that you do, by a pair with replaceable cutters. Which probably see an inordinate amount of use next to the scissors, and knife implements. The Surge is larger, and a bit heavier to tote, but still a great tool. You also have the option for stainless, or blacked-out versions of these products. Which is purely a matter of taste, or mission parameter. Everything else is subjective, and bound by your wallet. Cheers!

Frozen Bear Trading likes this.
  11. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003
    A7666B8D-E019-4D97-99C1-13634BCA95F8.jpeg B1D9EA54-0BC7-4FEE-93A7-AFF87DAE1A47.jpeg

jmh33 likes this.
  12. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 22, 2019
    I'm looking at the leather man MUT EOD what do you think about that one ?

13. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    It's a very popular choice among multi-tool afficianados. Sees alot of use in the military for demolitions/explosive ordnance experts. Civilians like the replaceable, C4 punch for a variety of tasks. Has a 'bolt-override' tool for AR's, which is handy if you own a Stoner-based weapon. Basically, it checks-all-the-boxes I outlined. The MOLLE-sheaths are fairly-decent, like the one which came with my Wave. Leatherman offers the 25-yr. warranty on their items, so it's hard-to-go-wrong buying one. I carry mine in an aftermarket kydex sheath. I hope that I've helped you out in some small way. Peace out!

Frozen Bear Trading likes this.
  14. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    The Gerber Suspension made-the-cut for today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jmh33 and redsparrow like this.
  15. Frozen Bear Trading

Feb 22, 2019
    I got one this evening for $100 bucks from some one that got it as a present and never opened the box. Thank for the help!

Zephyr One/Zero likes this.
  16. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Grateful, jmh33 and redsparrow like this.
  17. microbe

microbe

Apr 6, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Some designs are timeless

Zephyr One/Zero, redsparrow and jmh33 like this.
  18. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    My Wave Plus and a few friends:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

microbe, redsparrow and jmh33 like this.
  19. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Someone borrowed my Spirit X and sheath for a long auto trip around the states so I had to break out my spare SX. It doesn't have a sheath (it wore out long ago) so I grabbed my Chris Reeve (Gfeller Casemakers) sheath from my safe to mod.
    You have to do a little stretching to get the flap to close but after its done, its perfect. I use small eyeglass screwdrivers handles on top and bottom to stretch the leather. The design of the sheath allows this.
    I added a metal belt clip using a copper rivet and burr. The collar had to be trimmed to be able to pinch the tool out.
    Easy on and easy off the belt and should outlast me. Can still use my large or small Sebenza's in it.

I really wish the MT companies would start making better sheaths. The used to.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    heat_treat and jmh33 like this.
  20. pfranze78

pfranze78

Aug 31, 2016
    Christmas is early this year :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    redsparrow and jmh33 like this.