Let's see some pictures!

A7GZBV8l.jpg

cVy6A3pl.jpg

s26vDyll.jpg
I see what you did there. I'm digging that Indian mug too. :thumbsup:

Very new to multi tools. I want one. Been looking st the leatherman or the ones that can be plairs I mean. Any recommendations?

There are a number of possibilities in the Leatherman line. It just depends on how-many tools you actually require. I prefer the medium-sized Wave Plus for all my needs. I would recommend, that you do, by a pair with replaceable cutters. Which probably see an inordinate amount of use next to the scissors, and knife implements. The Surge is larger, and a bit heavier to tote, but still a great tool. You also have the option for stainless, or blacked-out versions of these products. Which is purely a matter of taste, or mission parameter. Everything else is subjective, and bound by your wallet. Cheers!

There are a number of possibilities in the Leatherman line. It just depends on how-many tools you actually require. I prefer the medium-sized Wave Plus for all my needs. I would recommend, that you do, by a pair with replaceable cutters. Which probably see an inordinate amount of use next to the scissors, and knife implements. The Surge is larger, and a bit heavier to tote, but still a great tool. You also have the option for stainless, or blacked-out versions of these products. Which is purely a matter of taste, or mission parameter. Everything else is subjective, and bound by your wallet. Cheers!

I'm looking at the leather man MUT EOD what do you think about that one ?

I'm looking at the leather man MUT EOD what do you think about that one ?

It's a very popular choice among multi-tool afficianados. Sees alot of use in the military for demolitions/explosive ordnance experts. Civilians like the replaceable, C4 punch for a variety of tasks. Has a 'bolt-override' tool for AR's, which is handy if you own a Stoner-based weapon. Basically, it checks-all-the-boxes I outlined. The MOLLE-sheaths are fairly-decent, like the one which came with my Wave. Leatherman offers the 25-yr. warranty on their items, so it's hard-to-go-wrong buying one. I carry mine in an aftermarket kydex sheath. I hope that I've helped you out in some small way. Peace out!

It's a very popular choice among multi-tool afficianados. Sees alot of use in the military for demolitions/explosive ordnance experts. Civilians like the replaceable, C4 punch for a variety of tasks. Has a 'bolt-override' tool for AR's, which is handy if you own a Stoner-based weapon. Basically, it checks-all-the-boxes I outlined. The MOLLE-sheaths are fairly-decent, like the one which came with my Wave. Leatherman offers the 25-yr. warranty on their items, so it's hard-to-go-wrong buying one. I carry mine in an aftermarket kydex sheath. I hope that I've helped you out in some small way. Peace out!
I got one this evening for $100 bucks from some one that got it as a present and never opened the box. Thank for the help!

Someone borrowed my Spirit X and sheath for a long auto trip around the states so I had to break out my spare SX. It doesn't have a sheath (it wore out long ago) so I grabbed my Chris Reeve (Gfeller Casemakers) sheath from my safe to mod.
You have to do a little stretching to get the flap to close but after its done, its perfect. I use small eyeglass screwdrivers handles on top and bottom to stretch the leather. The design of the sheath allows this.
I added a metal belt clip using a copper rivet and burr. The collar had to be trimmed to be able to pinch the tool out.
Easy on and easy off the belt and should outlast me. Can still use my large or small Sebenza's in it.

I really wish the MT companies would start making better sheaths. The used to.

Last edited:
Back