Let's see some pictures!

My Trekker variants.
original.jpg

In regards to some discussion in another thread, the thumb hole on the German Army is shaped differently than the Rescue Tool. For my hand and finger shape, trying to do the one-handed thing on the German Army is a bit dangerous, while not an issue with the Rescue Tool. That slight design difference makes a big handling difference for some of us. After doing some looking, the elongated thumb hole is an old design, changed in 2007.

Last edited:
My Trekker variants.
original.jpg

In regards to some discussion in another thread, the thumb hole on the German Army is shaped differently than the Rescue Tool. For my hand and finger shape, trying to do the one-handed thing on the German Army is a bit dangerous, while not an issue with the Rescue Tool. That slight design difference makes a big handling difference for some of us. After doing some looking, the elongated thumb hole is an old design, changed in 2007.

If you Dremel the edges of the hole, they'll be 10 times easier to open without slipping at all. More like a Spyderco for ease of opening. Since Victorinox polishes their blades so nice, the hole, unfortunately, gets to rounded and slippery. I did it, it works so nice.

If you Dremel the edges of the hole, they'll be 10 times easier to open without slipping at all. More like a Spyderco for ease of opening. Since Victorinox polishes their blades so nice, the hole, unfortunately, gets to rounded and slippery. I did it, it works so nice.

I'll keep that in mind - thanks!

You’re making my heart go pitter patter... One day I’m going to find the one I want, with a spear point and scraper cut into the screw driver

Hehe thanks. I like your idea! Best of both worlds.

Back