Let's see some pictures!

I can’t remember the rules well enough to know if I’m allowed to post the company here, since I don’t think they are a sponsor of the forum. But if you search for Swiss Army knife fire starter, it’ll be pretty evident in the first few listings.
Nbd, buddy. I ended up catching DCA mentioning it on EweToob, before.i checked back. . I believe victorinox actually produces one or a similar product🙃 Thanks anyway! 🤘

IMG-2152.jpg

Is your GAK serrated mate. I have two and both have the serrations obviously ground out and I bought them like that from a disposal store in europe. I was wondering if it was done by the German Military
That is very interesting that you picked up a couple of those with the serrations ground off.

8B177FC0-3640-477F-9DC1-068E1B398E64.jpeg
My GAK has the serrations on it but I am pretty sure it was in new condition when I got it.
I remember I bought a couple Victorinox GAK in the late 90’s that were surplus, the 108mm, and the ones I got were in excellent condition and they were $2.50 a piece.

If I knew what I knew now I would of picked up a few more.

A390317F-2A04-45A4-A1CF-2D96489A80CC.jpeg
Now the one with Trekker covers is actually an 09 Soldier and the serrations on that are starting to get ground down a bit.
I may just try to reprofile it like your blade is.

I think the straight blade does look nice and I have more than a couple Trekker/Soldier knives that have serrations.

Well, after 3 years of buying and trying various different SAKs in addition to the ones I already owned...
original.jpg

I don't do the things I used to do where larger models were handy. For me and my hands/ fingers, and the tasks I might use a SAK for, the Alox Cadets and Tinker Smalls work just fine for me. Alox Cadets on the keyring, Tinker Smalls hanging around in various spots. The Classic SD is a bit too small for my hands/ fingers and I find it a bit too fumbly. With sharps, that's a safety hazard IMHO. I like the Classic, great concept for a keyring carry, so still hanging around. For now. Have some decisions to make in 2022 regarding sharps.

Back