Lets See Some Pure Fighters

Rob made wonderful knives. He was my friend and I miss him greatly. You have a beauty there.......enjoy!:thumbsup::)

Steven, he sure did make a great knife. I had been on the lookout for a knife by Rob for a long time and finally got my chance not long ago. Ended up buying the Chute Knife, a Dropped Hunter, and a Green River Skinner, all in ironwood to make a great set. I plan to build a display (probably shadow box style) to showcase all three together.

Looks very efficient.

You've made some beauts in your very own style but would it be wrong to say that this is Janich inspired?

I don't know who that is.

But have a 10" contact wheel and thought it would look cool to sculpt the spine of the wharnie

I guess there is only so many way it can come out anyways lol

I don't know who that is.

But have a 10" contact wheel and thought it would look cool to sculpt the spine of the wharnie

I guess there is only so many way it can come out anyways lol

Janich bio below.

Just for the record: I really like some of your knives and didnt mean to imply anything.

Your knife above looks great.

I like big knives and fighting Bowies etc as much as the next guy but your knife is shaved down to the bare necessity and that has its own charm. Very efficient and good looking style to boot.

I like it, I like it a lot.

A wharnie is of course an established design from way before Janich made his knives. As you say, this a sculpted Wharnie and there are only so many variations of a theme.

Janich made the Ronin (and the folding Yojimbo) in a collab with Spyderco.

g8MgXID.jpg

Sry for lengthy bio but could'nt link to non-supporting vendor.

"Michael Janich has been a student and teacher of the martial arts and practical self-defense for more than 30 years. The author or co-author of numerous books and instructional videos on personal defense, combat shooting, and other topics, Janich has also been published in more than a dozen magazines, including Black Belt, Inside Kung Fu, Tactical Knives, Fighting Knives, Combat Knives, American Handgunner, Guns Combat Annual, S.W.A.T., and many others. Janich has recently earned critical acclaim as a co-host and subject-matter expert for Outdoor Channel's new hit personal defense series The Best Defense and The Best Defense Survival. He has also been featured numerous times on radio and national television, including appearances on Ripley’s Believe It or Not! (demonstrating the use of the blowgun) and the Outdoor Channel’s popular Shooting Gallery series.

A decorated U.S. Army veteran and former DoD intelligence officer, Janich served with the National Security Agency (NSA) and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). He was also a team leader for the Joint Task Force-Full Accounting (JTF-FA), investigating the fates of U.S. POW-MIA in Vietnam and Laos.

In 1994, Janich joined Paladin Press™ of Boulder, Colorado, and established their video production department. During his 10 years of service with Paladin, Janich recruited some of the tactical industry’s most talented instructors and personally shot, directed, edited, and produced more than 100 best-selling instructional videos. Among the authors with whom Janich has worked are Kelly McCann, the late Jim Cirillo, Louis Awerbuck, James Keating, Kelly Worden, Joseph Simonet, Mark Hatmaker, and Bill Kipp. Janich was also personally selected to work with the late Col. Rex Applegate as the producer of his landmark instructional videos on handgun point shooting. During his service with Paladin, Janich also established himself as the company’s in-house subject matter expert, providing an exceptional degree of customer service to Paladin’s dealers and retail customers.

Janich is the founder of the Martial Blade Concepts (MBC) system of edged-weapon tactics, as well as the related systems of Counter-Blade Concepts (CBC), Damithurt Silat, and Sobadiwan Eskrima. Janich was one of 12 subject-matter experts selected for TSA’s air crew self-defense program and continues to teach seminars and training courses around the world. A noted knife designer and expert on edged-weapon tactics, he is currently the Special Projects Coordinator for Spyderco , Inc."

Last edited:
That wood is beautiful on that big boy and the whole knife is quite awesome overall as well.

.213" Grade 38 Ti with carbidized edge, brass guard, elk handle, held with G-flex and a Ti pin. Weighs 11.7oz with a balance point right in front of guard.

IMG_20180313_075135_679.jpg

Back