Let's see the "crowbars with a point"

I'd never use them for pryers, but these two might hold up pretty well.
IMG_0715-X3.jpg

IMG_0717-X3.jpg

I have a couple of old Carbon V , Cold Steel : SRK and Recon Tanto . They survived all kind of abuse . Made into spears , throwing knives , etc . . Pried and chopped . No real damage , other than to the black blade coating and some scrapes on the Kraton handles .
+1 for Cold Steel. Used the GI Tanto to pry open all the painted shut windows in the apartment I moved into a few years back.

Thanks man, but I already got a stainless steel one with a leather wrap around that has a bald eagle design on it. The better question is what to put in said flask. My vote as always is cheap whiskey or tequila

It contain Makers Mark on that trip I recall.

But to keep relevant with the thread, I think Medford builds the best folding prybars. Never owned one (too expensive) but they seem awful nice

To be honest, I don't consider folders to fit in this category when a inexpensive fixed blade will take abuse no "over built" folder would tolerate. Folders are like pistols, they exist for their convenience and mobility and such (also debatable, but another topic for another day...) but if one has a choice, they always take a long gun over a pistol or a fixed blade over a folder.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary. :cool:

I don't have any large or expensive 'sharpened pry bars', but this little CRKT Stiff KISS does a pretty good job for it's size!

(oh, and by the way, don't go into the hard use EDC thread, they'd be apauld that you might be capable of prying with a knife :rolleyes:)

ZFrU0LB.jpg

I don't have any large or expensive 'sharpened pry bars', but this little CRKT Stiff KISS does a pretty good job for it's size!

(oh, and by the way, don't go into the hard use EDC thread, they'd be apauld that you might be capable of prying with a knife :rolleyes:)

ZFrU0LB.jpg

Actually some are misreading the thread. I'm not recommending people use such knives for prying, more that others refer to them as a pry bar with a point. Unless it's an emergency, prying not recommended.

Heh, what? That's a CPK, it would most likely stand up to abuse that some of the other knives posted in this thread couldn't. Just saying, broseph.

Just looking at the long thin-ish design made me think chopping, prying, etc was not it's design strength, but vid suggests otherwise but at 3:19 of vid, he also expressly says "not a sharpened pry bar..." but to be sure, it will outlast some others posted in this thread.

Well hey, I stand correctifeid, but see what he says at 3;19? I'm not a blade geometry/design expert by any means, but that strikes me as more fighter than intended as hard use utility field knife per se. For that, their HDFK seems the way to go:

http://www.carothersknives.com/heavy-duty-field-knife-hdfk/

ZFrU0LB.jpg

That's more a chisel/scraper, although it would pry a bit.
Makes a decent shop knife.
I met a knife-maker who had that exact model of knife in his shop as one of his shop knives. :)

No pics at the moment, but my sharpened crowbars are Dawsons. My Carbon V SRK is another. I had a Carbon V Trailmaster long ago I never should have let go that would also have fit the bill.

I'll get some pics and measurements up later.

Zieg

Back