Let's see those 940's!

YligW9W.jpg

Hey are those g10 handles or are they aluminum? Their lines look so clean and sharp like they're made of alum with a special coating, definitely can't be rattle can, I'm assuming

This is Benchmade 940Ti and Benchmade 940 Blue aluminium handle.

Here is my first 940. It's a 940-1 that I wanted since I saw it. Ended up buying it to celebrate paying off about 37K in credit card debt. Felt good to hand over a wad of cash for it.

630dca9829475cf5a3cbc91df77a3912.jpg

9e9540e121c536a56e6257f890b5ab42.jpg

Have carried one since they were first released, was a christmas present. Added a piece of carbon fibre to make it easier to pull from my pocket. Have won many bets with this knife. $20 says I can open and close it quicker than you can your knife. If I remember correctly, I was the 3rd person to wear out the spring in one from opening and closing it. Sent it in and benchmade fixed it. That was the first year I owned it and I had a job with alot of time on my hands. It has saved me in a few confrontational events. As you can see, I have enjoyed it and will keep on enjoying it.

Attachments

• benchmade 940 004.jpg
    benchmade 940 004.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Those blue twill scales are AMAZING!!! :eek: :cool: I've just about completely stripped the screw holes in my 943 from catching the clip on stuff over more than 10 years of EDC. These scales might just be the answer! :D

Thanks. I could likely helicoil those clip holes for you for a couple bucks if you're interested. Wouldn't be as cool as new scales, but at least you'd have your pocket clip back. Send me an email if you're interested: ryan_m_roberts@hotmail.com

deathofallthings, very nice scales, love them. Do you install them or is that up to me.

I've got a new 940 on the way from one of our neighbors up north. Tracking says it should be here next week.

Thanks. I could likely helicoil those clip holes for you for a couple bucks if you're interested. Wouldn't be as cool as new scales, but at least you'd have your pocket clip back. Send me an email if you're interested: ryan_m_roberts@hotmail.com

Thanks Ryan. I have actually thought about doing that or Keenserts myself (I already have the correct sized Keenserts), but the three holes are so close together that I don't think it is possible unless I only did the outer two. So far, it hasn't come to that, as I did repair the threads to some extent with metal-filled epoxy, and used super glue the last time I installed the screws. That's held the clip pretty well so far, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time before it fails for the last time.

Through my trade (wind tunnel testing), I know a few model techs who are very skilled with small TIG welders, and one I've already talked to thinks he could weld the holes closed pretty easily so I could re-drill the holes and re-tap the threads, without really being able to tell much anything was done.

But I think I like the idea of some of your blue twill scales better! ;) :D

Here are my three (I have another coming tomorrow in the mail!), I usually take pics of what's in my pocket, so that's why all the other stuff is in the pics, sorry.

74c7db651b79f6b41c44ab823471bdf7.jpg

656897bef560e5d5789b05cb25dfd719.jpg

840d6fd6cc5f7ce08a5c68c54d3ae5cb.jpg

Back