Lets See thoses MACHETE'S

Here a few on mine. I think I have a few more somewere. :) Ones in Bold I got today. I have a few mods. Ill be working on over the next few weeks. MODS WE NED A MACHETE STICKY
Top to Bottom
1. Martindale 22"
2. Imacasa 18"
3. ESEE 18" Lite Machete
4. Marbles 18"
5. Condor 18" Eco-Light
6. Condor 14" Carbon
7. Tramontina 12"
8. Tramontina 12"
9. Condor Parang
10. Cold Steel 18" Bowie (Not Shown)
The Marbles sheath in the background fits the 22" perfect. To big for the 18"

Attachments

• DSC02347.jpg
    DSC02347.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 720
  • DSC02351.jpg
    DSC02351.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
I just approved the samples this week, so my order for these blades is finally being made! (I ordered 600 blades total...:eek:)

bsbsbs105_2121-vi.jpg

bsbsbs105_2119-vi.jpg

bsbsbs105_2130-vi.jpg

Here a few on mine. I think I have a few more somewere. :) Ones in Bold I got today. I have a few mods. Ill be working on over the next few weeks.

Top to Bottom
1. Martindale 22"
2. Imacasa 18"
3. ESEE 18" Lite Machete
4. Marbles 18"
5. Condor 18" Eco-Light
6. Condor 14" Carbon
7. Tramontina 12"
8. Tramontina 12"
9. Condor Parang
10. Cold Steel 18" Bowie (Not Shown)

How do you like the eco-lite against the ESEE?

Havn't used it yet. Plan on twiking the Eco some. As of right now I like the ESEE.

Nice collection bro, but won't be complete till you get a Fiddleback :D

How do you like that Mrables "survival sheath"?

:) :) :) Thats awesome. You making any with Micarta

Micarta is the default handle, that's what mine is. Andy and Dylan just had to have the fancy wooden ones :)

Here are a few pics of mine....

DSC_3050.jpg

DSC_3069.jpg

DSC_3085.jpg

DSC_2308.jpg

DSC_2309.jpg

DSC_2312.jpg

DSC_2313.jpg

DSC_2315.jpg

DSC_2317.jpg

Last edited:
Koyote made it. It's a wonderful tool :thumbup:

I thought that looked like some of Christof's work, what is the blade thickness?

Ah...I can see your worry. I have a nylon/cordura...whatever...sheath for my Ontario with no liner. I don't really like that sheath but it's better than nothing. I dislike the machete more, the saw teeth on the spine that only work on the pull stroke tears up the sheath. I only use that machete on abusive stuff I don't want to use a tool I like on...

I thought that looked like some of Christof's work, what is the blade thickness?

I've been doing those in 1/8 1080. good for the differential heat treat and any thicker would be a monster on a 14 inch or better blade. 1/8 is stikk pretty thick, though

This is my $2.oo swap meet purchase before and after..

Ultraviolet reactive handle, bead blasted then a flat protective coating over the bead blast

92154847.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

This is my $2.oo swap meet purchase before and after..

Ultraviolet reactive handle, bead blasted then a flat protective coating over the bead blast

92154847.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Now that is cool! The bottom latin style piece almost looks like an old Collins, too. I seem to remember you posting those machetes before--the tapanga (square pointed one) was a Diamond brand piece, wasn't it?:thumbup:

Now that is cool! The bottom latin style piece almost looks like an old Collins, too. I seem to remember you posting those machetes before--the tapanga (square pointed one) was a Diamond brand piece, wasn't it?:thumbup:

Thanks!, No we never figured out who made the tapanga, maybe there'll be some new member here who might know that makers mark....and there where no maker marks on what looks like a Collins....

44539395.jpg

I came across this Tramontina 18" machete at the yellow bait house in Key Largo on the way to Bahia Honda last weekend.

It looked just like this yesterday.
tt1018.jpg

I ground the tip down a bit, sanded the handle to make it feel better, then put some circuit etching solution on it to blacken the blade but I kind of screwed up and used bronze wool instead of steel wool to polish. Some kind of chemical reaction occured and it's like I bronzed the blade. Its strange but I'm going to leave it this way. I'll get a better picture when I have more sun.

2504584530033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

Back